BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Relationship Management - Production Services Manager
Our Team: BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. We deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future.
If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
What’s The Role? Our Production Service organizational unit that are dedicated to the seamless and consistent delivery of our products and services to the business. We are self-organizing to better serve the business by creating the Production Services Manager role. You will be the single point of contact for the business. You’ll be responsible for leading the delivery of a modern, scalable technology foundation for the future. This will be done through dedicated Production Service Leads identified to work directly with individual business lines.
You will liaises between Application Development, Infrastructure, Risk, Audit and multiple business units to support and deliver service and support for their most complex technology needs. The PSL leads and provides technical and innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities supporting the IT delivery, Service Management, SLA and OLA management and relevant contracting processes and procedures across the enterprise.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Develops strategic client relationships within the business unit to ensure client satisfaction with highly complex IT changes and the development of efficient business systems.
- Represents user area to IT departments in highly complex system enhancements and design activities to ensure changes take into account business needs.
- Responsible for negotiating, extending, terminating, and renegotiating of major contracts for acquisition of equipment, materials, products, or services.
- Leads the evaluation and monitoring of processes and tools for different types of contracts, risk assessment, dispute and issue resolution through continual review of existing policies and procedures across Lines of Business.
- Contributes to the achievement of Relationship Management objectives.
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes, prepare and administer work unit operating budgets; provide recommendations on desired policies and goals and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions.
Responsible for managing various aspects of their assigned neighborhood (cluster of business aligned capabilities), including but not limited to:
- Matrix management of designated SMEs aligned to appropriate neighborhood
- Champion and drive adoption of neighborhood concept for a modern, scalable foundation for increased business benefits
- Act as single point of contact to deliver full suite of Products and Services
- Provide a seamless and integrated face-off to our partners and stakeholders
- Preparation for the adoption of a modern converged infrastructure for operations and delivery
- Ensure the highest level of cyber preparation, drive down EOL Op Risk, etc.
- Reduce complexit
- Buildout and overall management of neighborhood; this includes underlying hardware to avoid cross-functional dependencies
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors
Sr.Group Manager, Relationship Management->> Provides strategic support for technology-related initiatives for one or more moderately complex business units. Develops and directs multiple client relationships at a middle management level within the business unit to ensure client satisfaction and the development of efficient business systems. Manages an area of relationship management and acts as a liaison between business units and CTS. May also manage service level management requirements. Develops and directs the management of multiple client relationships to ensure development of efficient business systems. Manages client expectations at all levels of client organization to ensure client satisfaction. Directs the development of quantitative and qualitative business case for each project and ensures use in scoping project efforts. Functions as a single point of contact for customer issues. Serves as an advocate for customer's position and requests. May also manage service level metrics. Manages, motivates and directs multiple teams of relationship managers to ensure attainment of project goals and client satisfaction. Allocates resources to strategic business needs. Directs the promotion of good business management processes. Develops and promotes relationships with both client and project teams. Monitors and influences service levels. Serves as a liaison between business units and CTS, communicates changes which impact client or business including changes in staff, technology, policy, procedures, or practices.Leads recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Manages multiple relationship management teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Twelve (12+) years of technical and/or management experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45333
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Tech Prod Services-HR17024
Requisition Number: 1815173