BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer (Windows Systems Administrator)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
BNY Mellon is looking for a Windows Systems Administrator to join our 24x7 L2 support team in. This person will troubleshoot operating system (OS) and related infrastructure problems as they arise working toward a 100% uptime for applications and services, provide and/or assist in providing root cause analysis for OS and infrastructure problems, and provide ideas and feedback for automation and innovation in support of providing best uptime for applications and services. This person must have the ability to operate in a team environment and communicate well with other teams, customers, and vendors. They will engage management and discuss planning and reporting of day to day operations.
- Troubleshoot operating system (OS) and related infrastructure problems as they arise working toward a 100% uptime for applications and services.
- Provide and/or assist in providing root cause analysis for OS and infrastructure problems
- Design long term solutions to OS and related infrastructure problems.
- Work well with team members providing and receiving mentoring, assistance, and task sharing.
- Work and communicate well with other teams, customers, and vendors for best result.
- Provide ideas and feedback for automation and innovation in support of providing best uptime for applications and services.
- Engage with managers and senior level management in discussing, planning and reporting of problems and day to day operations.
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Total eight to ten (8-10) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Current experience administering a medium to large infrastructure environment.
- Experience with Ansible or other orchestration tools is a plus.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar containerization engine is a plus.
- Support, administration, or engineering of Linux 6.x/7.x and/or Windows 2012/2016.
- Experience with RedHat Satelite, Bladelogic is a plus.
- Veritas clustering is a plus.
- Microsoft system center (SCCM or SCORCH) is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1815187