BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec Infrastrct Ops A'lyst - IT Infrastructure Support Lead
Our Team: BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. We deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future.
If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
What’s The Role? As an IT Infrastructure Support Lead (70% Technical vs. 30% Managerial), you will liaise between IT and multiple business areas to support the most complex technology needs. You will lead/provide technical direction and guidance for a wide array of infrastructure activities supporting the business applications, processes, and procedures across the enterprise. You’ll develop strategic stakeholder relationships within business units to ensure satisfaction with highly complex IT design and development of efficient business systems. Technical Environment includes but not limited to: Gitlab, Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Ansible, RPM, Chocolatey, Jira, Confluence, Symphony
We’ll Trust You To:
- Participate in architectural discussion to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of proposed solutions
- Be a hands-on team lead providing direction to your team while rolling up your sleeves
- Be responsible for managing various aspects of assigned business unit and their technical environment
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of solutions and to ensure successful introduction across the organization
- Perform technical analysis and prepare recommendations as needed
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas including business units, technology teams, and external vendors
- Facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solutions
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions best suited to their requirements
- Collaborate with operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards
- Oversee key operational controls to ensure ongoing operating effectiveness
- Perform weekly reviews, status reports, and deal with specifics within the incident response space from as a hands-on Technical Lead
Sr. Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches and recommends the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. Identifies and solves complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Provides input into platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Assists with complex issues in the installation, support, troubleshooting, and repair of data center equipment. Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Works with vendors to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8 - 10 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and provide direction to team members to meet deliverables and project milestones
Experience with a combination of the following:
- Platform Engineering, Cloud, Virtual, MQ, Database, Network, ITIL, and Service Management
- Experience troubleshooting/supporting Windows or Linux environments
- Strong scripting skills within Windows or Linux environments (PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of DevOps automation tools/processes (Infrastructure as a Code, IAC, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience handling monitoring issues and maintaining the automated ecosystem (using tools such as Splunk, MoogSoft, AppDynamics, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Have a track record of developing and maintaining senior-level stakeholder relationships
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated and be able to prioritize accordingly depending on demands from businesses and regulators
- Be comfortable talking to development, production, and infrastructure teams and offering risk opinions
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45170
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Tech Prod Services-HR17024
Requisition Number: 1815192