BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec Sys Eng./Prgmmer
Unix System Administrator
About the company:
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
What is the project about?
You would have the opportunity to work with enterprise level infrastructure and up-to-date technology. You would be working with experienced support team members to deliver maximum uptime in a diverse infrastructure provides great potential for learning and development. You would be exposed to multiple operating systems and enterprise management tools. Opportunity exists for providing input on design, updates and automation.
We are building a team of professionals across various locations globally and are strategically growing the Manchester location
Technology that you are going to use:
• UNIX technology stack
Your role would be to:
• Troubleshoot operating system (os) and related infrastructure problems as they arise working toward a 100% uptime for applications and services.
• Provide and/or assist in providing root cause analysis for os and infrastructure problems
• Design long term solutions to os and related infrastructure problems
• Work well with team members providing and receiving mentoring, assistance, and task sharing
• Work and communicate well with other teams, customers, and vendors for best result
• Provide ideas and feedback for automation and innovation in support of providing best uptime for applications and services.
• Engage with managers and senior level management in discussing, planning and reporting of problems and day to day operations.
This role is for you if you demonstrate:
• Technology related Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
• Experience with Solaris and AIX
• Experience with Ansible, Salt, and/or Bladelogic
What we can offer you?
• Working with new technologies like Illumio, Tanium, Ansible
• Training on new and cutting edge technology
• Standard working hours
• Long-term cooperation, possibility of working partially from home
• Benefits: private healthcare, pension scheme, life insurance and many more.
If you feel that this role is exactly what you are looking for, feel free to apply!
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60173
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1815243