BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Relationship Mgmt - Securities Finance
BNY Mellon Markets Securities Finance is comprised of two complementary product offerings – Agency and Principal Securities Finance. By leveraging our global perspective and innovative capabilities across these solutions, Securities Finance is able to help clients optimize portfolio return, source liquidity to manage funding needs and reduce operating costs. As a member of the Securities Finance team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
Act as a point of contact for existing clients under the direct guidance of the Head Relationship Manager in London. Maintain and enhance the client experience via the day to day running of client accounts, thus ensuring that the client receives a professional service consistent with the Bank’s values. Responsible for servicing assigned clients and the maximisation of client satisfaction with Securities Finance products and services. Acts as client advocate within internal resource management process, with the objective of maximising client service satisfaction, whilst maximising return for both the client and the Bank..
• Oversee Client Services deliverables and be responsible for providing new clients with a smooth and professional experience during on boarding to the BNY Mellon Securities Finance Programme.
• New Business Support – Assist the sales process and develop a full understanding of the client's requirements in relation to account set up, and ensure all documentation required for the establishment of new accounts is provided to Client Services to complete the on boarding of new business.
• Respond to select client queries, provide regular reporting, and assist with ad-hoc requests from the client in order to facilitate confidence in the BNY Mellon Securities Finance programme and assist in continuing to build a strong relationship with the client.
• Be prepared to articulate further revenue generating opportunities and showcase other Markets services to an existning client base.
• Provide Administrative support to insure that information is accurate and available in a timely manner to meet client, internal, and regulatory requirements.
• As key client contact for assigned clients, maintain regular contact with clients, serving as liaison between the client and the Securities Finance area; both Trading and Operations support.
• Co-ordinate all service delivery and product development efforts. Monitor client satisfaction of the Securities Finance product and services against established delivery standards and benchmarks.
• Serve as responsible manager for projects affecting the client experience and ensure client satisfaction with the completion of such projects.
• Ensure legal documentation for assigned clients is maintained, and held in accordance with regulatory regime governing the legal entity of the contract.
Job Specific Competencies
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the associate should show an aptitude for:
• Personal Organisation/ Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent team working skills
• Work Quality/Attention to Detail/ Concern for Impact
• Problem Solving/ Analytical thinking/ Conceptual Thinking
• Ability to work with the minimum of management supervision
• Client Focus/ Results Focus
• Service Focused, with direct Client Facing Experience
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure and organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual advantageous
• Minimum requirement is high school/A Levels standard degree. College degree desirable. General understanding of Securities Finance
• Operational experience in Securities Finance or a Custody Operations role advantageous. If internal, understanding of CMS and GSP essential, understanding of Global One helpful.
• Possess at least 3 years industry experience with a custodian or fund manager in a client-servicing or operations role.
• PC literacy in MS Office essential
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70060
Organization: Securities Finance-HR10447
Requisition Number: 1815349