BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Relationship Mgr - IT Infrastructure Support Manager
BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running.
We deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future.
If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
What’s The Role?
As an IT Infrastructure Support Lead (70% Technical vs. 30% Managerial), you will liaise between IT and multiple business areas to support the most complex technology needs. You will lead/provide technical direction and guidance for a wide array of infrastructure activities supporting the business applications, processes, and procedures across the enterprise. You’ll develop strategic stakeholder relationships within business units to ensure satisfaction with highly complex IT design and development of efficient business systems.
Technical Environment includes but not limited to: Gitlab, Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Ansible, RPM, Chocolatey, Jira, Confluence, Symphony
We’ll Trust You To:
· Participate in architectural discussion to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of proposed solutions
· Be a hands-on team lead providing direction to your team while rolling up your sleeves
· Be responsible for managing various aspects of assigned business unit and their technical environment
· Be responsible for the development and implementation of solutions and to ensure successful introduction across the organization
· Perform technical analysis and prepare recommendations as needed
· Act as the key liaison across all functional areas including business units, technology teams, and external vendors
· Facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solutions
· Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions best suited to their requirements
· Collaborate with operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards
· Oversee key operational controls to ensure ongoing operating effectiveness
· Perform weekly reviews, status reports, and deal with specifics within the incident response space from as a hands-on Technical Lead
Principal Relationship Manager->> Liaises between CTS and multiple business units to support their highly complex technology needs. Leads and provides innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities supporting the CTS contracting processes and procedures. Develops strategic client relationships within the business unit to ensure client satisfaction with complex changes and the development of efficient business systems. Represents user area to CTS departments in highly complex system enhancements and design activities to ensure changes take into account business needs. Responsible for negotiating, extending, terminating, and renegotiating of medium-sized contracts for acquisition of equipment, materials, products, or services. Leads the evaluation and monitoring of processes and tools for different types of contracts, risk assessment, dispute and issue resolution through continual review of existing policies and procedures. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- 10+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus (Securities, Fund Accounting, Collateral, ad Tri-Party Repo)
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and provide direction to team members to meet deliverables and project milestones
Experience with a combination of the following:
- Platform Engineering, Cloud, Virtual, MQ, Database, Network, ITIL, and Service Management
- Experience troubleshooting/supporting Windows or Linux environments
- Strong scripting skills within Windows or Linux environments (PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of DevOps automation tools/processes (Infrastructure as a Code, IAC, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience handling monitoring issues and maintaining the automated ecosystem (using tools such as Splunk, MoogSoft, AppDynamics, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Have a track record of developing and maintaining senior-level stakeholder relationships
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated and be able to prioritize accordingly depending on demands from businesses and regulators
- Be comfortable talking to development, production, and infrastructure teams and offering risk opinions
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45200
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1815445