BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager, Control
- To assist in the development and delivery of a variety of Regulatory Control and Risk Monitoring processes for the UK, Belgium and Frankfurt Legal Entities & build out like minded controls enterprises wise.
- Provide proactive guidance and support to the various Processing Teams and Business Heads globally to assist in the strategic development of a regulatory compliant global business model.
- To work closely with Risk , Compliance , Internal and External Auditors and Legal advisors to ensure compliance and adherence to industry regulations and best practice guidelines.
- To monitor Operational work-flows, procedures and related outputs , ensuring accountability and scrutiny of Local and Senior Management Reporting.
- To understand , analyse and question practices and procedures within Operational Teams to proactively identify areas of potential regulatory risk that require investigation and remediation.
- Identify route cause analysis of issues and breaches within our regulatory framework and work with Operational Management , Risk, Compliance , Legal and Audit to enhance controls and procedures to avoid recurrence.
- To foster cooperative relationships with Business Heads globally in order to become central to the regulatory risk and control architecture and therefore add proactive advice and guidance for the implementation and enhancement of controls and risk mitigants.
- Assist in the development and continual improvement of Management Information reports to internal clients to ensure data and metrics are relevant and add value.
- Liaise closely with other members of the Client Asset Control Team & other stake holders to share knowledge and experiences of potential or actual issues in order to improve all round understanding and mitigation.
- Manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks, and ensures proper control policies and procedures are in place. Manages a team responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards.
- Provides training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management. Develops testing programs to ensure controls are adequate and effectively implemented. Analyzes key risks, errors/near misses and performs root cause analyses.
- Manages documentation of existing control procedures. Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance. Operationalizes processes and procedures enacted by senior leaders and assists in their development.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies. Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards. Projects are usually broader, multi-phased and/or multi-stakeholders.
- Remains aware of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization. Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend any resulting change needed to mitigate risk. Participates in the recruiting process. Instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other risk analysts.
- Prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Manages a small or mid-sized team working on more complex analyses or riskier projects.
- May have matrixed management responsibility and oversee geographically dispersed teams, adding to the complexity of duties. Responsible for the achievement of team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of Control professionals.
QualificationsBachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
• Relevant experience in the financial services industry.
• Proven track record in change management with specific focus on analysis , development and implementation of control and risk mitigation.
• Design and production of high quality , value added MI that can be tailored to meet the needs of multiple levels of managerial seniority.
• Prior exposure to presenting finding to senior management forums.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills at all levels.
• Proactive in review and analysis of potential areas of risk.
• High attention to detail coupled with the ability to quickly assimilate relevant information.
• Ability to design and create detailed, high quality MI and Root Cause analysis documentation.
• Results focused.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70318
Organization: EMEA CSD Invest Services Ops-HR13904
Requisition Number: 1815482