BNY Mellon Careers
IT Infrastructure Support Analyst
BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. We deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future.
If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you.
What’s The Role?
As an IT Infrastructure Support Analyst, you will liaise between IT and multiple business areas to support the most complex technology needs. You will provide technical direction and guidance for a wide array of DBMS activities supporting the business applications, processes, and procedures across the enterprise. You’ll develop strategic stakeholder relationships within business units to ensure satisfaction with highly complex IT design and development of efficient business systems.
Technical Environment includes but not limited to: Gitlab, Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Ansible, RPM, Chocolatey, Jira, Confluence, Symphony, Python, Go, Java, etc.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Responsible for running the database plant, part of the level 2 support team
- Following RUN Books, root cause analysis and extended troubleshooting
- Coordinate and guide daily maintenance tasks as well as provide guidance with all technical aspects of database administration, including installation, configuration, patching, maintenance, backup, restore and decommissioning
- Responsible for monitoring, performance analysis, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and user assistance required for database environment
- Responsible for collecting and continuously improving problem resolution SLAs
- Working with engineering team on automating manual/time consuming procedures
- Developing database standard operating procedures, support knowledgebase, training and knowledge transfer
- Ensures change management processes are followed
- Responsible for running GF migration/upgrade factory
- Responsible for database architecture that includes consulting services for database design and development, performance tuning, etc.
- Working closely with engineering team helping to design tools and practices that can be used by application teams.
- Work with application teams on promoting a self-service model, adopting standard tooling developed in collaboration with Database Reliability engineering
- Capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Understanding of regulatory, legal and compliances issues for SOX and audit functions
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
- 8+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus (Securities, Fund Accounting, Collateral, ad Tri-Party Repo)
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, MSSQL, ASE, DB2, NoSQL, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and drive an adoption of DBA best practices
- Experience with managing software development projects – SDLC, Agile Project Management Methodology
- Experience with a combination of the following:
- Unix/Windows system internals, Storage technologies, Cloud, Virtual, MQ, Network, ITIL, and Service Management
- Strong scripting skills within Windows or Linux environments (PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of DevOps automation tools/processes (Infrastructure as a Code, IAC, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience handling monitoring issues and maintaining the automated ecosystem (using tools such as Splunk, MoogSoft, AppDynamics, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated and be able to prioritize accordingly depending on demands from businesses and regulators
- Be comfortable talking to development, production, and infrastructure teams and offering risk opinions
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60170
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1815539