BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Bus.Analysis Cons't
- Lead, execute, and coordinate the development of multiple critical tasks, often in parallel, and work directly with all stakeholders.
- Stocking the product backlog that represent the overall scope of the project and executing and planning the tasks.
- Document all details to user stories, artifacts and workflow diagrams to communicate efficient and elegant technical designs and solutions,
- Coordinate development and testing with various teams to drive several key projects for critical business and regulatory initiatives in Corporate Treasury,
- Creating end to end project documentation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization).
- Tracking risks, scope, estimate, requirements, testing activities as well as documenting all project artifacts.
- Document clear data mapping to data sources as well as creating formulas for required calculations to communicate and obtain agreements from the business and technology groups.
- Analyze complex data issues and work with developers to create a design utilizing the latest technologies.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of global payments and systems to settle financial transactions
- Experience supporting a fixed income trading desk
- Experience in managing small enhancements and projects
- Experience in interviewing and eliciting requirements and creating current and future state workflow diagrams
- Experience in data analysis across multiple systems
- Experience with various Agile and SDLC processes and methodologies as well as authoring the SDLC artifacts
- Understanding of C#, .Net, SQL, XML, SWIFT, FTP, messaging and reporting tools
- Outstanding analytical skills so business needs are translated into functional and technical requirements
- Leadership skills
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-
Internal Jobcode: 45169
Job: Information Technology
Organization: BNY Mellon Technology-HR06363
Requisition Number: 1815554