BNY Mellon Careers
Newton, Front End Engineer
This role is an exciting opportunity to design and shape the design and delivery of Newton’s key front office investment platform.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running.
You should be a highly motivated, quality-centric engineer with deep front end application knowledge, with a passion for design, development and research. You’ll need to work well in a team but should also be an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives. This a great role for an experienced front end developer looking to take the next step up in their career.
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
- Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration.
- Collaborate with product management, development and UX to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
- Act as mentor to peers.
- Constantly assess, evaluate, and integrate best practices and industry innovations in front end development.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, 3rd parties and business partners.
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
- Able to present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
- Hands-on, providing technical and design direction and/or problem solving to support the team
- Promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Support scrum master to facilitate smooth sprint working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
- Ensure all third-party development and input conforms to Newton’s best-practice and quality standards
- Experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Familiarity with, but not limited to, Angular, CSS/JSS, Typescript, Jest, WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
- Familiar with web security, accessibility and internationalization
- Hands on front end technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment
- Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery.
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1815693