BNY Mellon Careers
Head of Philanthropy, EMEA, LATAM - 12 month FTC
- Lead/Direct Philanthropy program across EMEA and LATAM regions
- Lead, manage and develop members of the EMEA Philanthropy team
- Liaise with country and site heads across all EMEA locations
- Work with regional management, the Global Philanthropy team and other key partners to implement the Global Philanthropy Strategy and communications plan to ensure that the approach is fit for purpose in each location that is supported
- On a granular level, the Head of Philanthropy EMEA, LATAM will also:
- Identify, manage and facilitate International Grants & Sponsorship programme across EMEA and LATAM and also India and APAC on behalf of Philanthropy Leads for each region – this includes managing staff to (1) Identify partnership opportunities and guide partner organizations through the grant proposal, approval and due diligence process. (2) Review expenditure against plan and forecast, and report on this monthly; (4) Grant status tracking and impact reporting; (5) Troubleshooting & process improvement.
- Supervise day-to-day management of EMEA-based employee engagement programmes – including significant vendor relationships covering employee volunteering, donation matching and payroll giving.
- Lead selected employee volunteering opportunities – particularly volunteering opportunities related to new grant partners, and/or high-impact skills-based volunteering opportunities.
- Manage content and drive internal communication across multiple channels to promote participation in employee engagement programmes, CSR and philanthropic activity (e.g., weekly newsletters, intranet sites, internal blogs, presentations etc.).
- Facilitate employee engagement programme via our online platform by providing strategic expertise and oversight
- Management of day-to-day risk and compliance – e.g. ensuring philanthropic grants and employee engagement programmes meet internal policy standards and are fully compliant with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional leadership and project management skill set and proven experience of end-to-end project delivery.
- Strong commitment to social impact, underpinned by understanding of key trends in the sector.
- Experience developing and implementing employee engagement initiatives.
- Ability to confidently build relationships across multiple geographies and teams.
- Executive presence and ability to communicate effectively with and influence senior management and executive team a must.
- Superb verbal, written and digital communications.
- Effective risk management skills; strong knowledge base of GDPR regulation.
- Existing knowledge of the banking or financial services industry preferred
- Prior experience managing community partnership or CSR programmes is desirable.
- 10 years + professional experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Communications/Corp Affairs
Internal Jobcode: 85446
Organization: Corporate Affairs-HR08291
Requisition Number: 1815810