BNY Mellon Careers
· Records and reconciles Pershing accounts using the in-house reconciliation system in line with FCA, CBI and JFSC regulations.
· Builds strong and detailed System and Process knowledge in order to resolve complex reconciliation issues over all streams of reconciliations.
· Assists Lead representative in order to meet multiple, high pressure deadlines.
· Ensures all external statements have been received and formatted for the reconciliation system as required.
· Ensures completion of various Manual Reconciliations which are performed daily.
· Reviews and publishes Client reporting showing excellent attention to detail and foresight.
· Works closely with the Offshore Team colleagues to ensure smooth running of daily schedule.
· Builds and maintains good relationships with various external Custodian, Agent Bank and Fund Managers who provide data for reconciliation.
· Fosters good internal relationships to ensure that issues are dealt with timely and accurately.
· Identifies differences and discrepancies in reconciliations and resolves or escalates appropriately.
· Monitors resolution of breaks and confidently challenges and escalates when necessary.
· Assists the Lead Representative in resolving client queries when required.
· Assists Manager in exceeding KPI targets set for whole team.
· Cross trains other team members as required to ensure full task coverage.
· Demonstrates Risk Management awareness and escalates accordingly.
· Understands and monitors the department Control Models and escalates any discrepancies.
· Provides some administration functions such as Mailbox management, data collation and scanning.
· Proactively seeks opportunities to improve processes.
· Positively adapts to change in Systems or processes.
· Deciphers more complex exceptions, performing root-cause analysis on why exceptions exist; enters reconciliation data and ensures proper aging. Escalates any unidentifiable differences to higher level support staff.
· Communicates break reports to either internal groups within the firm or correspondents outside the firm. Monitors resolution.
· Analyzes operational needs and then helps to develop a solution and compose project requests to solve the identified need.
· Assists in daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting. Assists with regulatory reporting
· Interacts with those at a senior level in other groups to address issues or improvements.
· Identified as a lead for testing new technology solutions or enhancements, ensuring that reconciliation processes remain intact.
· Proficient with formulas, Lookups and Pivot tables in Excel to perform manual reconciliation and reporting.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 70665
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1815834