BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Representative, Middle Office
Alternative Investment Servicing (AIS) Operations consist of variety of teams servicing functional areas such as Trade Capture, Middle Office, Reconciliation, Cash processing, FATCA and Documents Management. Teams assist the research and resolution of general and basic operational issues regarding fund administration, follows procedures to complete day-to-day tasks.
Middle Office Team is supporting the traders from an operational perspective. Team manages the entire process from trade entry through to settlement, ensuring that all trades are matched, settled and reconciled in a timely and efficient manner.
Being part of our Middle Office team your day-to-day tasks will be related, but not limited to:
• Responsible for process, tasks allocation and control
• Acts as the main point of contact for process related queries any queries escalated by the administrators and clients
• Understand client needs, respond efficiently and effectively to any queries or requests, establish a professional relationship with clients and build confidence as a reliable contact,
• Manage client expectations and be assertive in order to adhere to internal policies
• Raise issues to relevant parties and clients in professional manner and execute actions
• Ensure that all BNY Mellon and regulatory daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures and reporting tasks are adhered to, breaches of controls etc. are reported to the appropriate parties,
• Create a balanced work load within the team structure as a whole, anticipate and plan ahead to adhere to deadlines, check work completion and quality
• Ensure cross training to provide cover within the team
• Constantly monitors process knowledge of team members and progress made in this area
• Provide feedback to team members in a professional manner
• Provide feedback to Manager about team members during yearly performance process
• Ensure that all key process information is provided to other departments,
• Support Manager`s decisions related to general administrative initiatives to ensure that corporate directives are delivered to their teams,
• Lead by example, inspire confidence, trust and respect in others, communicate regularly with their team with regard team specific information,
• Display an understanding/appreciation of team concerns/issues both to team members, direct manager and where appropriate Senior Management.
• Create risk awareness culture in a team
• Sound understanding of all risk and controls associated with all tasks undertaken by the team
• Identify risks associated with new and existing processes and implement measures to control
• Ensure periodic spot checks are completed
• Ensure that all errors are identified, recorded and reviewed, and appropriate action taken to address root cause and avoid repeat occurrence
• Participate in process improvement initiatives and actively encourage new ideas from team members
• Motivate team members and share experience and expertise
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an accounting related discipline
• A minimum of three years relevant work experience
• Technical knowledge how financial instruments works - both listed and unlisted.
• An in-depth technical knowledge of middle office and/or back office procedures gained within a cross-product operations role would be beneficial
• Computer literacy, highly skilled in the use of spreadsheets, word processing packages
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example,
• Very good organizational skills,
• High degree of accuracy
• Ability to adhere to rigid deadlines;
• Team spirit, can do attitude
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70549
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1815856