BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Client Service
The CSG Manager is responsible for ensuring that queries are responded to within specific service level agreements and are escalated to senior management as appropriate. He/she will ensure that all trade and cash instructions are actioned within prescribed timeframes. The Manager will ensure Clients’ investments are placed timely and accurately. He/she will be required to establish excellent working relationships with the various parties involved with collective investments and liquidity funds. This involves interaction with all parties involved including Clients, Investment Managers, Trustees and Accounting groups. He/she will ensure that any service issues, required improvements or new product requirements are taken forward and that regular operational service reviews are held. The Manager will also provide assistance to the Service Directors and Relationship Managers as required and is typically responsible for six to ten direct reports and will be required to conduct interviews and appraisals and to hire and develop staff within the team.
- Perform supervisory functions over the Client Service Analysts to ensure the completion of daily processing functions.
- Responsible for team knowing and understanding its client base.
- Monitor attendance, performance standards, individual and team productivity measurements and work towards improvement in all areas.
- Perform regular performance appraisals and prepare development plans for all team members.
- Foster a team environment through coaching and leadership.
- Be responsible for the adherence to quality control measures, monitor and review operational controls to ensure compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Provide accurate reporting of statistical measurements (transactions and accounts) and interface with brokers and other third or internal parties to ensure resolution of ageing items.
- Directly supervise the research and resolution of sensitive issues with the Client Services Group and ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction is attained.
- Ensure accounts are set up on all internal systems accurately and timely and oversee new business conversions with the team to ensure smooth and accurate processing in the start-up days.
- Delegate and assign new functions and new business to team members to ensure productivity and quality standards are met.
- Participate in the writing and review of new and existing procedures, provide direction and training for new employees and also to existing employees in the case of new processes and procedures
- Ensure new procedures are implemented within the team.
- Have ongoing responsibility for identification of improved processing through automation, cost reduction or revenue generation initiatives throughout the section.
- Participate in the recruitment of team members.
- Deputise for their Manager in his/her absence
Job Specific Competencies
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the associate should show an aptitude for:
- Personal Organisation
- Work Quality/Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Initiative/Sense of Urgency
- Client Focus
- Managing & Developing Staff
- Concern for Impact
- Analytical thinking
- Initiative/Sense of Urgency
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Proven knowledge of Global Custody markets and products.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English), other language skills are a plus
- Excellent organisational skills, with accurate manipulation, analysis & checking of figure work.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilising advanced functions would be desirable.
- Experience with the following systems advantageous: CMS, GSP, Workbench and IMs
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Minimum of HBO (Bachelor) level education or equivalent
- Proven custody or fund management experience (minimum 5 years), preferably performing a client-facing role.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Netherlands-Breda-Breda
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70101
Organization: Custody Client Service-HR09095
Requisition Number: 1815858