BNY Mellon Careers
Cross-functional Relationship Management and Business Development
- Independently manages a portfolio of existing clients or prospects, focusing on client satisfaction, relationship building and responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable.
- Serves in a consultative role to clients and prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions.
- Assists small to moderate emerging institutional prospects or clients with high-growth potential, increased complexity of strategic needs and a longer pursuit process.
- May also pursue advantageous strategic partnerships with third parties in order to better respond to client/prospects needs.
- May be responsible for executing trades in certain businesses.
- Performs in-depth industry research and maintains an understanding of the market environment, including short- and long-term trends, competitor offerings, regulatory developments etc. in order to achieve account growth or new accounts.
- Generates leads from within existing client accounts or as a results of industry research, prospecting. Incumbents are highly experienced in independently developing leads and initiating contact with prospects.
- Client/prospect contacts are usually institutional leadership.
- Assists lower level peers with complex analyses when needed.
- Consults with clients/prospects on their strategic vision and uses an in-depth understanding of the firms solutions and value proposition to help achieve that vision. May offer customized product offerings.
- Develops a negotiation strategy and position to align client/prospect needs to firm offerings.
- Closes new prospects or new client arrangements by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm. Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations.
- Marshals firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure the most appropriate response to prospect proposals and deal structure.
- Work closely with related teams (RMs, AMs, CSD) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development, relationship management, and/or account management activities are conducted and captured.
- Tracks and reports on business development, relationship management, and/or account management results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.)
- Builds reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, potential areas of concern, etc.
- Provides guidance to less experienced business development, relationship management, and/or account management roles as needed.
- Responsible for business development, relationship management, and/or account management within assigned area (geographic territory, product category, business/industry category/segment, etc.).
- Typically pursues emerging, moderately-sized prospects with increasingly complex needs.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Proven work experience preferred in Financial Services with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
- As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 70046
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1815884