BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Director of Human Resources - Investment Management
- Driving a team of professionals, including managers, who provide functional expertise to the leadership and employees in the Asset Management business within established policy and program guidelines
- Driving the strategic delivery of solutions and HR services such as Talent Management, Organizational Design, Change Management, Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, and Total Rewards Planning to the Asset Management business, ensuring coordination across geographies to ensure consistency, fairness, and engagement while influencing best practices
- Leverages expertise and collaborates across the Communities of Expertise, HR Advisory Team and HR Solutions Center
- Operates with executive-level and senior leaders (clients), and may be responsible for driving multi-disciplined HR functions
- Establishes and drives HR strategic plans in line with business objectives
- Assesses organizational climate to ensure overall ‘well-being’ of the client organization in order to increase employee productivity and commitment, including positive employee relations, employee communication strategy, performance management and goal setting, succession planning, optimal staffing levels, and overall employee engagement.
- Assesses and enables investment boutiques to identify areas for leadership improvement to optimize the current and future operational performance of the organization, including senior leadership coaching and collaboration, succession planning, talent acquisition, manager and employee learning & development, and organizational design, structure and processes.
- Effectively and credibly advises and influences executive leadership teams on all people-related matters
- Drives self and team deliverables with a sense of urgency and with appropriate responsiveness for senior-level support
- Counsels and advises the business on organizational design matters
- Develops seasoned HR professionals with vested interest in providing opportunities for growth
- Exhibits strong business acumen and can effectively translate business needs into human capital strategies
- Ensures flawless execution of HR processes and practices to ensure that they minimize risk and are cost-effective and business focused
- Successfully manages HR staff through year-end compensation process
- Ability to understand and correctly interpret financial and compensation data and present findings in an effective manner
- Operates in the best interest of the company in managing risk, legal and financial matters
- Highly skilled in guiding the business on employee relations matters
- Progressive related experience with demonstrated knowledge of technical and legal aspects of Human Resources required.
- Demonstrable supervisory/management experience; including evidence of prior commitment to managing staff career development and progression, ideally on a multi geographic footprint.
- Financial Services and Asset Management industry experience in Human Resources needed utilizing a consultative approach to partner with senior business management to drive strategic business plans
- Related experience with demonstrated success in one or more of the following areas, supporting a global organization or region: talent management, organizational design, change management, workforce planning, talent acquisition, or total rewards planning
- Proven ability to design and execute compensation, incentive and retention plans
- Operates independently to drive the HR function and team members
- Demonstrates aptitude for operational efficiency and excellent HR work product
- Strong, executive-level verbal and written communication skills required
- Determined leadership and management competence needed
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 33434
Organization: HRBP IM MG-HR08345
Requisition Number: 1816029