BNY Mellon Careers
Controls Officer - EMEA Rep Office - 6 month FTC
Ensures that the control culture is embedded, sound, and meeting business needs. Responsible for conducting independent control and risk assessments, developing standardised controls that represent operating best practices, providing education on controls and emerging risks, and supporting Rep Offices through change. The Controls Officer is part of the first line of defence for the EMEA Rep Offices.
- Identifies, analyses, monitors, and completes control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the Rep Offices.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices to address any risk concerns.
- Prepares reports and provides insight to Rep Offices on control / risk management including Error / Near Miss analyses. Responsible for interpreting regulations in order to adjust and improve internal controls.
- Ensures that existing control and business recovery practices and procedures are documented. Works with the businesses to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Tests control systems and communicates the successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures to the business.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Supports moderately complex projects and provides insight on interpretation of regulations.
- The Controls Officer will spend two weeks a year in each Rep Office in the EMEA region, so must be willing to travel.
Key competencies/knowledge required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to be assertive in a professional manner and be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management and project management skills.
- Solution oriented, identifies challenge and potential solution(s), with ability to see the big picture.
- Strong work ethic, proactive professional attitude and ability to work autonomously.
- Previous experience in a financial services industry.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and write
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70650
Organization: GCM EMEA-HR15744
Requisition Number: 1816054