BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Trading Services
Trade Services - IC2 Provides expertise on trading services to institutional clients, money managers, advisors and internal trading desks regarding trade processing, drift review, quality assurance, data management/entry, exception processing, trade confirmations and ad-hoc maintenance. May have reporting and project oversight responsibilities. Proactively monitors client orders, order rejects and risk checks. Fields client inquiries and troubleshoot issues. Provides input on the management of trading data across risk, performance and other reporting systems. Provides input on the resolution of errors flagged by trading systems when reconciling with trading partners and back office staff. Streamlines and optimizes processes through workflow design and technology. Develops analysis of the trading cycle and make recommendations for improvement. Develops knowledge of products and vendor requirements. Develops reports, trends and analyses of organization/vendor executions, makes recommendations on process enhancements. Develops knowledge of compliance requirements, control policies and trading standards. Proactively communicates with traders, analysts and other functional groups. Provides traders with pre- and post-executional support. No direct reports. Provide guidance to less experienced analysts. Contributes to the achievement of team goals and objectives. Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in financial investments preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
The position will work directly with Traders, Sales and various Back Office teams to provide daily support for reporting and understanding P&L, risk and trade capture. In addition, he or she will be given various ad-hoc projects to work on due to Derivative’s dynamic environment. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a Derivatives trade support or middle office role with 5-7 years’ work experience. The incumbent should be willing to work, to be team oriented, to have good communication skills, to pick up concepts quickly, can multi-task, be detail oriented and to be able to work in a trading environment. Derivatives knowledge within Interest Rates, Equities, and Credit is required. Advanced computer skills and knowledge around VBA is a plus but not required. Some responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, provide and understand Greeks P&L (Delta, Gamma, and Vega etc.) reports to Derivatives Traders.
- Run and understand portfolio analytic reports for risk purposes to provide to Trading.
- Mark interest rate curves at the EOD and other market data related activities for pricing (interest rate yield curves, volatility surfaces, security static data maintenance).
- Monitor trading activity on execution platforms and ensure that it STP’s to source system. Perform any OTC or listed trade capture as needed.
- To analyze and reconcile various reports and trades executed on the Desk.
- Participate in any UAT testing, upgrades or conversions for all ecommerce, post-execution platforms, and venlinddor related technology. Provide feedback to the Development teams or BNYM Technology support.
- Assist in any projects which will impact processes and workflows. Prepare analysis of findings to Management.
- Run through various Quant models to produce risk and P&L for Trading.
- To be able to identify problems and escalate any issues should they arise.
- To perform P&L investigations on trade activity where there are discrepancies in Cash Flows, Trade Capture, and Market Data in which analysis is provided to internal or external clients as needed.
- Assist in any ad-hoc projects with requests from Management, Traders and Sales
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in financial investments preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.Experience using the following systems is a plus. Summit, WSS, Murex, Broadway, Tradeweb, Bloomberg, Reuters, Markitwire, Fix Flyer, CFOX, Excel
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70640
Organization: Derivatives MO & RBS-HR14453
Requisition Number: 1816089