BNY Mellon Careers
Technical Test Analyst - Lead Analyst, Business Tech Liaison
- Tasks include case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution. Identifies areas for improvement and works with technology teams to improve applications for business use.
- Formulates project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions based upon user needs as well as knowledge of the application.
- Participates in development of the functional design and user documentation by analyzing business process flows or client requests and identifying changes.
- Communicate with test analysts to understand and document agreed test requirements
- Document the design for the test automation including objectives and success measures
- Ensure that automation is designed to enhance regression
- Maintain and execute automated tests ensuring that all test results are correctly recorded against the system
- Develop and evolve the test automation framework
- Record any defects found during the testing process
- Review defects (including existing defects) and provide input into the business to facilitate effective prioritisation
- Provide environment support by proving new builds of the systems under test for the testers as new updates become available
Provide regular updates to the Test Team Lead, including –
- Communicating planning and execution reports
- Highlighting potential issues that occur during the testing phase that could impact the schedule
- Identify test data and environmental requirements
- Produce estimates for work items
- Proactively provide feedback on potential system issues
- Contribute to Risk and Issues logs by highlighting any Product Risks / constraints that could impact the project
- Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems.
- Uses general knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
- No direct reports, may provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Trains users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems that are more straightforward in nature.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Organise own day-to-day activities under the direction of the Test Team Lead
- Achieve pass in ISTQB Foundation
Demonstrate understanding of Automation principles and techniques –
- Identify tests that are suitable candidates for automation
- Understand the basic components of QTP and how they interact
- Be able to use QTP to produce an automated test from a manual script
- Understand basic programming techniques and good practice - commenting etc.
Depending on Project demands, support other test teams, including manual testing –
- Demonstrate ability to analyse Business requirements, identify test requirements, and produce appropriate Test Conditions and Test Cases
- Demonstrate ability to set up test requirements and scripts in ALM, and create executable test sets from the scripts
- Demonstrate ability to raise new defects in ALM (from within executing test set)
- Support Test Lead in defect review meetings
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- ISTQB Foundation level certified or ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst accreditation is preferred.
- Previous experience in a technical testing role
- Confident with SQL (select, join, update, delete, inner/outer joins, distinct, in, group, efficient SQL)
- Good knowledge of ALM or QualityCenter and its applications
- Technical knowledge of more than one leading edge test automation technology i.e. Quick Test Professional, SOATest, Selenium, IBM Rational
- Experience of change management and code version control tools/processes
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70169
Organization: Transfer Agency EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1816125