BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Dbase Analyst
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
BNY Mellon/Eagle Investment Systems is currently seeking a senior Oracle DBA in our HQ Wellesley, MA office to join our growing team. The individual will support Oracle environments across Eagle’s global infrastructure, including our secure private cloud and internal corporate systems. This position, although primarily a first shift position, is part of a rotating shift that provides 7x24 coverage. This senior level Oracle DBA will have the ability and willingness to mentor and share knowledge with fellow team members.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
· Financial services preferred
· Proficiency in Oracle versions 10g, 11g and 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager
o Oracle certification preferred
· Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures, and SQL
· Oracle ASM experience preferred
· Experience with high availability (RAC), standby (Data Guard), and backup and recovery (RMAN)
· Experience tuning SQL and PL/SQL using AWR repository data (DBA_HIST Views)
· Experience with GoldenGate technologies
· Scripting Experience (Shell, Perl, etc.) required
· Experience with Database Monitoring tools (OEM and Home Grown)
· Experience working a production environment
· Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
· Proven ability to prioritize, plan and organize projects built on Oracle platforms
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to provide off- hour support required
· Excellent communication skillsSr. Specialist Database Analyst->> Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1816135