BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Mgr,Project/Prgm Mgmnt
Manages a small team of project managers/Release Managers who are the primary contact for clients and groups within the organization for small scale projects. Team is responsible for end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, testing signoffs, client management, relationship management and other release documentation preparation.
Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of small scale projects on time and to specification. Interacts directly with clients regarding testing, project, and release activities. Manages communication and testing with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery is in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Provides guidance on business and technical subject matter to associates. Conducts status meetings and facilitates issues resolution and risk mitigation.
• Facilitates all aspects of Business testing preparation and test execution during test, beta, and production phases.
• Ensures adequate testing coverage of the platform by Business units
• Helps to analyze issues identified and the impact to clients
• Develop common strategies for releases governance across multiple programs
• Works with clients to create release strategy specific to their firm
• Works with clients directly
• Works with stakeholder groups and clients to ensure release readiness.
• Drive lessons learned process via postmortems and root cause analysis & support continuous improvement process.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 6 + years of related project management experience required; experience with technology and/or the financial services industry.
Strong communication skills; 4+ years working directly with clients
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45267
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1816143