BNY Mellon Careers
Spec, Enterprise Risk
In reporting to the Head of Enterprise Risk Framework, the role is one of an individual contributor who will provide day-to-day support to the Risk Identification function and, specifically, the Risk Identification Manager. The Risk Identification function is a precursor to the Firm’s capital planning and stress testing mechanisms and is based on execution of the Risk Identification Framework, which is central to defining risk management activities and coordinating the enterprise risk identification processes across the organization; including businesses, corporate functions, regions and legal entities. The individual will support the execution of existing processes around risk identification; including but not limited to, running workshops that identify new and emerging risks and measuring their impact on financial performance, maintenance of a comprehensive enterprise risk inventory, ensuring proper documentation of the process and reviewing/challenging risk materiality. The individual will also assist in the establishment and application of specific qualitative and quantitative criteria to identify material risks within the inventory. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the creation and dissemination of presentations to, amongst others, the Firm’s Senior Risk & Control Committee, the Board of Directors and various regulators.
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Business Analytics or Risk, Financial or Regulatory Reporting background preferred.
· Experience working in Risk and Compliance functions
· Advanced Excel and Access skills preferred (formulas, macros, pivot tables, etc.)
· Experience working on strategic and/or cross-organizational projects, including planning and tracking of deliverables
· Experience coordinating work across multiple disciplines or organizations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate information
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes with constituencies over whom the incumbent has no direct authority; includes effective interaction with senior/executive management
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85194
Requisition Number: 1816494