BNY Mellon Careers
Team Lead, Corporate Actions (Liverpool)
Responsible for performing mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related custody and accounting processing requirements such as dividend payments, reorganization/proxy, bond redemption, etc. Also responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the various functions and for reconciliation activities, client reporting and proration on transactions.
Serves as a team leader for the day-to-day operations of a small to medium-sized corporate actions team.
• Manages the day-to-day activities and initiatives of the team. Develops and schedules appropriate level of staff.
• Support and complete client inquiries and requests. Resolve escalated issues from subordinate staff.
• Directs staff, maximizing their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Provides support to business and technology managers; handles complex client inquiries and requests.
• Monitors account work flows and processing issues to identify systematic patterns which may require adjustment to policies and procedures. Provides support, consulting and problem resolution activities.
• Trains staff in technical tools and skills as well as specific internal or external client support activities to maximize their contribution to the team and ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
• Supervises a small client processing team. May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
• Supports the achievement of team objectives.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Attention to detail
• Good understanding of agent notifications including but not limited to SWIFT messages
• Good sense of Risk awareness
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to motivate staff
• Cover supervisory duties
• Team player
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70453
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1816550