BNY Mellon Careers
Executive Manager, Application Development
Executive Manager, Application Development->>
- Responsible for managing multiple, complex development projects, often global in scope.
- Holds responsibilities and strong leadership skills to ensure appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place for assigned application development group.
- May manage relationships with business partners in defining, developing, and implementing technology solutions that have impact on improving the business. May manage relationships with or interact with external governing bodies such as regulators.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems.
- Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques.
- May provide subject matter expertise to teams, as needed.
- Develops group wide business plans.
- Participates in firm-wide initiatives as per the direction from management.
- Manages, forecasts, and approves operating budget within the approved plan. Manages resource allocation.
- Leads identification of risks and proposes and implements mitigation plan. Handles escalations.
- Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.
- Leads recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions.
- Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth.
- Contributes to the achievement of Application Development objectives.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 15 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, at least 6-8 years of experience managing development project teams, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45357
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1816552