BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Collateral Middle Office Manager - Markets Collateral Management and Segregation
BNY Mellon Markets Collateral Management provides collateral solutions to global market participants. Through the efficient and optimal collateralization of trading and counterparty exposures, Collateral Management assists its clients in managing risk, capital and liquidity via its ability to provide the broadest market, transaction and client coverage across several asset classes globally. As a member of the Collateral Management team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world-class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending, we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.
· Manages the EMEA based Middle Office team in Markets Collateral Management and Segregation responsible for providing quality support to clients with transactions and resolving operational issues on a daily basis.
· Maintains familiarity with industry best practices and seeks opportunities to implement as appropriate.
· Sets policies and procedures for team managed.
· Contributes to the development of strategic initiatives that are designed to improve the overall client service experience and improve team productivity and quality.
· Resolves highly complex or non-routine issues or inquiries from senior-level or key individuals at clients, as needed.
· Maintains relationships with business leaders to report client trends and needs.
· May provide forward-looking insight on client issues and trends to drive future revenue growth.
· Provides strategic guidance on internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience.
· Determines needed improvements through review and analysis of problems reported.
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
· Responsible for effective management of the performance management process in the region, development of staff and achievement of employee engagement objectives.
· Manages a team of approximate 10 persons.
· Responsible for the achievement of multiple team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of team members.
· Team supports multiple, complex client accounts. (assist clients with exceptional processing, manage client inquiries related to portfolio servicing.
· Comply with all corporate policies and procedures, and industry regulations within the department.
· Responsible for regulatory/client reporting. Risk management responsibilities (cash & asset reconciliation, ..)
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required with an MBA preferred.
Excellent financial and accounting knowledge.
Experience as a manager of an operational area and/or client services team is a plus, with relevant industry experience preferred.
· Enhancing Organizational Talent
· Embracing Change
· Client Orientation
· Developing Partnerships
· Driving for Results
· Decision Making
· Global Awareness
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate a strong customer focus and customer orientation.
· Must display tact and diplomacy in difficult and or awkward situations.
· Global Acumen or the ability to manage successfully in global cultures.
· Excellent financial, accounting, project management and analytical skills.
· Ability to multi task and co-ordinate a large number of complex responsibilities accurately.
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and technical operating systems.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70100
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1816651