BNY Mellon Careers
Design, build and operate systems and solutions efficiently with an eye to automating and simplifying complex processes. Critical concepts and tools include:
- Familiarity with data quality control tools and processes
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical skills including Python, SQL Excel, Tableau
- Familiarity with Database architecture
- Keen attention to detail
Work closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and business partners in Pune, London, New York and Boston on the full project lifecycle to build and maintain reports, dashboards and analytical tools that will provide deep insight on business, financial, performance and risk data.
- Gather requirements and analyze solution options
- Develop solutions and define and execute test plans
- Define and implement operational procedures
- Automate the research and review of data quality issues to ensure data accuracy and reliability
- Perform, and automate where possible, data import/export using various performance and risk systems: Eagle PACE, HedgeMark, Factset, Barra One, Style Research, Evestment, Morningstar Direct.
- Coordinate with Operations and Technology teams of data providers – External Data Vendors, BNY Mellon (BNYM) Investment Management Companies, BNYM Distribution teams, and other BNYM business partners – to resolve data integrity and data validation issues.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and reports for non-standard requests from Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Consumers from our business partners.
- Become SMEs on the full suite of solutions delivered by the IM Data Solutions Team with an eye to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns to identify new solution options, define process improvement opportunities and generate value opportunities for our business partners.
QualificationsProven working experience as a Technical Data Analyst, Data Engineer or Data DevOps, having domain experience in the financial services industry.
- BA/BS Degree required with a major/minor in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management or Statistics preferred with 4 years of experience working in Asset Management or related financial services company (brokers or vendors)
- Financial Industry Certifications or Licenses
- SQL (Oracle and MS SQL Server) Expertise
- Programming/development proficiency (Python/Java/R)
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Fact set, Bloomberg, Morningstar, MSCI, Style Research or other performance and investment risk platforms
- Advanced Degree or CFA
- Python competency
- Team lead or manager experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 70125
Organization: IM Infrastructure-HR14826
Requisition Number: 1816779