BNY Mellon Careers
Payroll Administration Manager
- Ensures on-time 100% accurate monthly payroll for employees within their remit across multiple legal entities within their country
- Ensures that all statutory regulations and payments to third parties including regulatory and taxing bodies are in compliance with country law. Advises Country Managers and Senior HR Business Partners on all tax matters related to payroll and benefit provisioning within their remit.
- Ensures that Salary and Wages associated with all payroll and benefit related payments are accurate and properly posted to the correct General Ledger Accounts and ultimately to the P&L and Balance Sheets for multiple legal entities within the country of their remit. Works closely with the Country Financial Controllers.
Ensures robust operating procedures and controls are in place for all transactions that feed ultimately into payroll to ensure compliance to internal and external audit and regulatory bodies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes and oversees on-time, accurate monthly payroll to all employees within remit. Ensures timely, authorized input from a multitude of sources in a tight window to prepare and submit base salary, one time incentive, variable pay elements and life-change/benefit related actions to payroll vendor(s) in accordance with pay calendars. Serves as a subject matter expert on the assigned country’s payroll administration and compliance factors. Ensures the accuracy of payroll calendars and processing schedules for the assigned country. Reviews Net Salary calculations as part of pre-payroll validations. Ensures that the PeopleSoft system of record matches related pay data. Runs PeopleSoft HR queries. Reviews and resolves differences prior to pay. Ensures employee pay statements are accurate and distributed timely. Receives and responds to all employee related enquiries. Liaises with HR Business Partners, Benefit Administration, EMEA Central Services and Global Variable Compensation Operations on all activities associated with Pay.
- Meets all regulatory, tax, compliance, internal and external filings, third party payments and reporting requirements on a monthly and annual basis for all payroll and employee benefits for all legal entities and country within remit. Coordinates the production of all weekly, bi-weekly and special compensation, and oversees the issuance of special checks for the assigned country. Directs the team’s reporting activities and escalates identified issues or inefficiencies to more senior managers. As directed, leads professional staff in conducting audits and preparing materials for both internal and external auditors.
Ensures timely accurate reporting of all financials tied to payroll processing to include posting directly to the P&L for Salary and Wages and Balance Sheet accounts. Assists Country Financial Controller in preparing financial statements and account reconcilements. Liaises with vendors and Finance to set-up or change all pay or benefit related elements.
Assists with Managing relationship with local payroll vendor(s) and country specific regulatory and accounting bodies to ensure compliance with all country and work force related laws within remit. Assists with preparing vendor performance metrics.
Addresses payroll issues escalated by professional staff. Initiates the development of reports for presentation to Senior Management on identified issues, errors and inefficiencies. Guides the team’s development of proposals on payroll design, potential new components to be evaluated and existing components to be assessed.
Contributes to the development and implementation of country policies and procedures that align with the organization and organizational objectives. Develops tactical solutions that address changes in payroll laws and regulations and guides the country team in adapting to these changes. Initiatives projects to improve delivery of service to country managers and enhance system performance. Addresses payroll issues escalated by professional staff.
- Supports overall HR International Operations by cross training on a regular basis on country payrolls outside of remit. Provides back up support where necessary with direction from HR Operations Management. Supports Regional projects as directed by Head of International HR Operations. Supports local HR Country Managers on ad hoc requests as approved by Head of International HR Operations. Prepares Monthly HR Management Dashboard on operational metrics and performance for Head of Global HR Operations and HR Chief Operating Officer. Assists in Leading Client Relationship meetings with country stakeholders in remit to review performance and track actionable items.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a payroll department
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels both verbally and in writing in English, French and Dutch
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks in a pressurized environment
- Strong attention to detail coupled with a high level of accuracy, affinity with numbers
- Highly competent administrative and organizational skills and to work effectively to deadlines and project plans
- Team player and a good communicator by nature
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 75083
Organization: HR Solutions Center-HR06284
Requisition Number: 1816857