BNY Mellon Careers
Intermediate Representative, Client Processing
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. The CSD (Client Service Delivery) division supports the back office processing and functionality of the Pershing product lifecycle.
Based in BNY Mellon’s Manchester office the Client Cash team is primarily responsible for the oversight of all outgoing payments and incoming receipts for the underlying investors of Pershing Wealth, Institutional and Pension clients. The role also includes any client queries related to the application of funds, resolution of payment related issues at Pershing’s various correspondent banks and the reconciliation of Pershing Client Banking / Nostro Accounts.
Further duties include the following:
- Responsible for the processing of inward and outward payments in an accurate and timely basis (as per currency and systematic deadlines).
- Processing of client payments via SWIFT, CHAPS, BACS and cheques from the overnight processing and same day requests.
- Manual creation of SWIFT payments via client SSI’s.
- To become a payments and Swift SME and support the needs of clients and internal stakeholders.
- Reconciliation and monitoring of all Pershing Client Cash bank accounts for the completion (or escalation) of any cash breaks.
- Application (or investigation) of any un-applied incoming funds owed to the underlying investors.
- Adherence to CASS / CAR regulations with regards to the protection of Client Assets.
- Ensure that all client and internal queries raised via email, telephone or Pershing query management systems are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all clients & business units of the business.
- Executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business or specific client needs.
- Monitor Client un-paid positions over 60 days and ensure clearance or cover and produced reports
- Involvement in periodic review our team procedures, control models and KPI/KRI’s
- Compliance with relevant FCA, JFSC & CBI regulations
- Provides product knowledge and technical assistance as necessary.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work
- Any other processes that may be required with growth in client base or changes to operating model
- Understanding of general banking processes (clearance periods, cut off times etc)
- Good analytical and high level of accuracy is required
- Excel, VBA & Database skills would be advantageous
- Previous experience of cash processing or settlements would be advantageous, as would a knowledge of SWIFT message formatting, CHAPS and BACS Payments
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products
- Good organising and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise a heavy workload
- Effective team player
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70610
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1816887