BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Grp Mgr,Network Engin'g
Who We Are
WE ARE BNY MELLON! BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of June 30, 2014, BNY Mellon had $28.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com or, follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon
BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
Head Of EMEA and APAC Network TSG Production Services
Global Head Of Network Services & Head of TSG Production Services
Reporting into Role
L6 subordinate Managers for:
• EMEA & APAC Network and Telecoms Engineering
• EMEA & APAC Network Telecoms Operations
To operate as the senior manager and leader for network and telecommunication services provided by TSG within Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Ensure that these services offer consistent “high availability” infrastructure services and quality project results to BNY Mellon business units through rigorous management, strong working relationships and sound communications.
The role includes but is not limited to:
• Overall leadership responsibility for TSG international infrastructure; its’ operational delivery and project activities within Production Services in relation to core infrastructure in the U.K. and Europe.
• Building strong productive relationships with the business and acting as the responsible focal point for all core infrastructure in Europe and the U.K..
• The primary focal point for relationships with key suppliers of infrastructure goods and services delivered to the bank through Production Services.
• Fostering strong working relationships with senior management in AST and TSG Domestic (U.S.) to improve the global teamwork and service offering of TSG EMEA.
• Compiling financial plans and budgets for infrastructure within the U.K. and Europe.
• Identifying strategic direction for infrastructure and communicating this to peer managers and other parties within the business.
• Communicating with the Production Services management team on changes and events within TSG and the business to ensure their awareness and ongoing involvement in the direction and strategy for the team.
• Providing feedback to key reports on individual technical and behavioural performance in line with the standards expected by TSG and documented here.
• Mentoring and coaching team members in behavioural skills concerned with communication to the business, third party suppliers and other areas of TSG.
• Developing own and subordinate manager’s skills within their technical area of expertise, employing appropriate internal and external training as necessary.
• Aware of evolving technologies and the operational opportunity that these may present to BNY Mellon business activities.
• Working closely with other TSG management in the Customer Support Group and Projects & Consultancy to ensure that deliveries are based on sound communications and quality results.
• Marketing the services of TSG to the wider business audience and ensuring that the team is known for its value to the business.
• Representing the Head of TSG International as required to ensure the continuity of approach and consistency of messages to the business and suppliers.
Accountable to the Head Of TSG International. Has overall responsibility for the delivery of “high availability” core infrastructure and quality operational services support to the business and business projects. Must be able to “lead” infrastructure teams strategically and operationally whilst building and maintaining business relationships and marketing the value of TSG. Will act to support the Head of TSG International in support to the business and delivery of projects within agreed timescales and costs. Has primary accountability for the infrastructure budget and costs of infrastructure within Europe and the U.K. Builds relationships with and promotes TSG to the wider business. Will be required to build and maintain a technically competent infrastructure team with a strong customer focus.
Customer: Agreed SLAs and informal feedback received from the business.
People: Strength of relations developed to deliver results.
Strategic: Consistent high availability of infrastructure through forward planning
- High availability of infrastructure
- High quality project deliverables to timescales and consistency.
- Business Feedback
- TSG Domestic Feedback
Head Of TSG International TSG L5 Peer Managers
L6 Managers within TSG TSG Senior Domestic Management BNY Mellon business management BNY Mellon Suppliers & Partners AST Management Team
Knowledge and Experience
• 2-5 years experience as a senior manager leading multi disciplined technical teams in a financial institution.
• Ability to think and communicate strategically as well as operationally.
• Excellent communication, relationship management and reasoning skills.
• Sound leadership skills combined with team building experience and approach.
• A rounded experience of the technical aspects of delivering infrastructure to a large financial institution.
• A focus on high quality service delivery, service improvement and business communication.
• Operationally and managerially sound with the ability to lead others when working under pressure.
• Practical experience of mentoring and providing feedback to subordinates through informal and formal processes.
• Proven experience in financial planning and budgeting techniques in line with business plans.
• Intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with BNY Mellon management.
• A commitment to quality, operational service delivery and problem management.
• Educated to degree level.
Core Mandatory Competencies and Behaviours
• Driving Results – Demonstrating drive to win. Inner drive and determination to meet and exceed set targets.
• Driving Results – Driving continuous improvement. Identifies new ways to enhance the processes used to complete work.
• Meeting & Exceeding Customer Expectations – Identifying Customer Needs. Understanding and considering the requirements of customers before making decisions and taking action.
• Demonstrating / Managing Initiatives. - This is the basis for taking action as opposed to contemplating future actions. Self starting rather than passively accepting, originating action rather than being instructed.
• Being Decisive. – Having the ability and confidence to make timely decisions within scope of responsibility. These decisions can be difficult or sensitive and may have company-wide implications.
• Leadership Competency – Demonstrating Teamwork. Striving for win/win solutions, co-operating with colleagues to achieve goals, providing support and encouragement to co-workers, bringing substantive conflicts and disagreement into the open and attempting to resolve them collaboratively.
• Treating People with Respect. – Interacting sensitively with others, acknowledging their feelings and responding to their concerns.
• Leadership Competency – Communicating Effectively. Expresses oneself well when speaking in one-to-one conversation and groups, conveying written information clearly, listening attentively to others, demonstrating attention to and conveying understanding of comments and concerns of others.
• Leadership Competency – Problem Solving Skills. Identifying problems, recognising symptoms, gathering relevant information systematically, considering a broad range of issues and factors, using sound judgement and analytical skills to determine reasonable solutions.
• Demonstrating Integrity – Being Accountable. Assuming full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviour or decisions.
• Collaborating and Influencing Others – Impact & Influence/ Persuasiveness Negotiation. The ability to persuade, convince, influence or impress others to get them to accept ideas, to support an agenda, to follow a desired course of action.
• Collaborating and Influencing Others – Effective Team Working. Fostering an atmosphere where individuals can work together as a team to attain mutually satisfying goals in pursuit of a common mission.
• Managing Change – Demonstrating Flexibility / Adaptability. The ability to modify one’s behaviour to achieve a goal, as well as the ability to adjust to multiple tasks and demands, shifting priorities ambiguity and rapid change.
• Using Business Expertise – Using Professional Expertise and Company Knowledge as a basis for action in a variety of organisational contexts and challenges.
• Pursuing Learning and Development – Learning from Failure. This reflects the different explanations people give for problems failures and other negative events, as well as any actions they take in response to those failures or problems.
Role Specific Technical Competencies and Behaviours
• Leadership Competency – managing the Production Services team through clear direction and delegation whilst using motivational techniques to inspire subordinates and generate respect.
• Driving Results – Leading by example and driving execution of BNY Mellon strategies to achieve organisational objectives.
• Planning and Organising - Establishing Plans and Follow-ups. The ability to plan, monitor, control work and follow-up effectively - allowing for contingencies and the avoidance of tasks going unnoticed.
• Risk Taking – Using experience and knowledge to capitalise on opportunities and challenges using well founded judgement in taking responsible risks aimed at benefiting the business.
• Managing Performance – Manages others by defining goals, assesses performance and rewarding performance outcomes that drive business results.
• Developing People – Providing others with approaches to successful performance, timely feedback on strengths, development needs and growth opportunities in their current job and challenges them to reach their full potential.
• Developing People – Providing succession management and maintaining quality resourcing levels through forward planning.
• Managing Change – Support and/or coordinating efforts that contribute to organisational success.
• Orchestrating Change – Leading and coordinating the efforts of managerial reports in improving the operational process.
• Communication – Using Simple Terminology. Able to explain complex or technical issues in terms that are easily understood by others. Does not resort to “jargon” or technology terms without reason.
• Collaborating and Influencing Others – Communicating Effectively. Assuring full understanding of shared information in group or individual settings.
• Leadership Competency – Managing Change. The ability to maintain performance of the team under pressure.
• Acting & Thinking Strategically – Knowing the Business. Demonstrating an understanding of the wider issues relevant to the BNY Mellon business environment and organisation.
Business and customer-driven - Focus on quality and productivity of relationships.
Actively encourages effective communication with other teams and strives to ensure people remain informed of direction and objectives.
Consistently aware of workloads and pending deliveries.
Personal drive, energy and commitment to seek out evolving technologies to determine their value to BNY Mellon business.
Driven by continuous improvement for oneself and the team.
Explains situations in simple terms that technical and non-technical parties can easily understand.
Generates new ideas and is constantly seeking improvements rather than continuity of existing process.
A “leader” of others and an energetic team player. Sets the tone for standards of service within the team. Often sought out by others for their views and guidance.
Acts as the primary point of contact between TSG and the business, taking ownership of customer issues as necessary and ensuring timely feedback is a trademark of the service.
Actively seeks opportunities to demonstrate the success of TSG and market its value to the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60330
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1816966