BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Project/Program Manager
The job holder manages the planning, organizing and implementation of complex strategic projects or programs (highly visible initiatives crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations). S/he takes projects from original concept through final implementation. S/he directs and controls all work performed in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies, monitors the critical path and implements appropriate corrective actions. Recognizes and communicates broad implications of issues and risks; applies a disciplined decision model in making decisions. S/he manages client relations to ensure service expectations are developed and met. S/he is responsible for assembling a matrixed project team, including identification and securing of resources needed from other disciplines and/or organizations. S/he assigns responsibilities based upon the project plan or Agile Sprints / Releases. S/he may manage a capital budget associated with the initiative. S/he provides technical guidance as needed and influences the project direction and scope. S/he champions current project management standard processes and ensures compliance to quality assurance policies.
- Minimum 10+ years related experience required. Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams of project managers who are the primary contact for clients and groups within the organization for small to medium scale projects. The team is responsible for end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of small scale to medium scale projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery is in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies.
- Manages projects via creation and maintenance of project plans, work breakdown structures, schedule effort estimation and tracking. Conducts status meetings and facilitates issues resolution and risk mitigation.
- Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Will be responsible for Financial Management of the program as well.
- Identifies, secures and coordinates resources from multiple disciplines and/ or organizations to effectively plan and implement the initiative. Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of a matrixed team or organization.
Experience: All are good to have but not required.
- Agile Experience strongly desired.
- Financial Services Technology experience (7 – 10 years)
- PM for Data Governance Toolsets (Business Glossary, Metadata Management, Data Quality) highly desirable
- PM for Metadata Management Frameworks / Toolset desirable
- PM for Reference Data Management / Toolset desirable
- PM for Data Integration design / development desirable
- PM for Data Warehouse design / development desirable
- Big Data Tool / Technologies desirable
Principal Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Everett
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Architecture-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1816989