BNY Mellon Careers
HedgeMark Poland DMA Junior Onboarder
HedgeMark (“HM”), a BNY Mellon company, specializes in supporting institutional clients in the development and operation of their own private hedge fund dedicated managed account platforms (“DMA”). HM supports clients information and structuring of their private vehicles, negotiating fund documents and counterparty agreements, and project managing each fund’s launch. Post-launch, HM provides risk and performance reporting, transparency and investment guideline monitoring to the client. HM is also responsible for performing operational and accounting functions which provide independent oversight and controls to the process.
As of August 31, 2018, HM services 102 DMA funds with $11 Billion assets under management.
The HedgeMark Onboarding Team is responsible for the following functions:
- Project manage new client relationships, new fund launches and additional counterparty agreements
- Lead introduction calls with new Investment Managers to explain HedgeMark’s managed account model and roles and responsibilities
- Work with structuring team to ensure all fund documents are negotiated and executed in a timely manner to meet project deadlines.
- Take the lead on establishing counterparty trading agreements – take the lead in requesting new documentation from counterparties, ensuring drafts are received and negotiated (by the HedgeMark Structuring team or outside counsel), populating account opening forms, requesting daily reporting from counterparties from all relevant parties, and ensuring accounts are set up timely in order to launch new funds.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and investment manager queries. Work with internal and external contacts to ensure queries are addressed in a timely manner.
The Junior Onboarder will work closely with Senior Onboarding staff in New York to support onboarding functions; in particular the process of counterparty agreements and account opening documentation.
- Support the Fund Structuring and Onboarding teams on new Hedge Fund structures.
- Request documentation from counterparties and assist lead onboarder with meeting counterparty documentation requirements.
- Documentation administration – assist with all counterparty account openings. Complete documentation, liaise with Fund governance provider for execution and update all relevant parties.
- Track status of all counterparty documentation and project plan items, and update internal systems with all statuses.
- Follow up with counterparties on document and account opening status.
- Ensure proper file maintenance.
- Keep meeting notes and update onboarding status.
- Interface with service providers including Administrators, Counterparties, Legal counsel etc.
- Special Projects
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
- 1-3 years of total work experience is strongly preferred in a project team and/or administrative role.
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide project status updates and enter account application information in a timely fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Microsoft word and PDF document experience strongly preferred.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: PAS17
Requisition Number: 1817037