BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Compliance & Control (CCAR Documentation Team)
• Independently contributes to the compliance efforts of multiple assigned business units.
• Responsible for assisting the business units to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements.
• In partnership with business unit managers, responds to and develops compliance reporting.
• Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made.
• Analyzes existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements.
• May assign analysis activities to more junior professionals.
• Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
• Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations
• Validates the appropriateness of control processes or guides the assigned business units in implementing improvements.
• May provide guidance to more junior professionals to improve their understanding of compliance, control and documentation policies.
• Maintains strong working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and senior business unit managers in order ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities.
• Uses strong partnerships with managers in the assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
• Contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
• Helps prepare risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps.
• May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively.
• Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to management.
• No direct reports; provides guidance to more junior team members, as needed.
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
In addition this position contributes to:
• The regulatory reporting efforts of the company’s Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and the Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST) analysis. This includes analyzing existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements.
• Specifically, the incumbent is responsible for the independent validation of calculators used in CCAR and DFAST. The validation includes independent replication of the mathematical calculations to ensure accuracy and an assessment of controls and supporting documentation. Based on the validation, works relevant stakeholders in order to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when validation issues are remediated.
• A successful candidate will also assist in developing, documenting, and executing a process for the preparation and review of each section of the CCAR and DFAST reports. This includes developing a procedure for producing and auditing high quality and transparent work papers, enhancing procedures related to CCAR and the Basel & Capital Adequacy teams, developing and monitoring control documentation, and assisting in quality assurance reviews. The documentation will also highlight areas of improvements based on matters requiring attention (MRAs) and create a roadmap that allows easy navigation of the CCAR and DFAST documentation by federal regulators.
• The successful candidate may also be asked to complete ad-hoc assignments related to various process and/or control enhancements.
• 3-5 years of total work experience in similar area
• Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services accounting, internal control, stress testing required
• Fluent English
• SQL, strong Excel and MS Access knowledge preferred
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85161
Requisition Number: 1817068