BNY Mellon Careers
Equity Analyst IV
- understand and articulate the key economic drivers of the companies under coverage - primary coverage of energy and utilities that could lead to coverage of additional sectors
- consistently and effectively model and estimate the sustainable economics of the companies
- intimately understand our proprietary stock ranking models and how to use them and how to improve them
- creatively develop a feel for the trading and other patterns of stocks and industries under coverage
- readily provide clear and concise stock recommendations that add value
- improve ability to develop follow through, that is, with appropriate persistence, help recommendations get into portfolios where possible
- learn to improve our team by example; accept that the portfolio is ours and can only improve with combined effort
- help build confidence in our efforts by communicating with our internal and, possibly, external clients
- willingness to meet with clients to discuss individual holdings and/or sector
- consider volunteering as assistant with one or more of our portfolios
- volunteer for special projects and
- mentor less experienced colleagues, help them appreciate the value of investing with a process.
· Advanced degree (or equivalent work experience) required, preferably an MBA with case study emphasis.
· CFA or progress towards CFA desirable.
· Five to eight years professional investment experience required or consistent positive performance working as Equity Analyst.
· Experience working as part of a team desirable.
· Willingness to seek direction and accept constructive criticism necessary.
· Solid, demonstrable verbal and written communication skills required.
· Familiarity with Windows based PC applications (specifically Excel) required and experience with Excel macros FactSet and BARRA a plus.
· Must demonstrate BNY Mellon's Shared Values (integrity, teamwork and excellence) and BNY Mellon's Core Competencies (adaptability, communication, customer orientation, interpersonal skills and personal accountability/ownership).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 07081
Job: Wealth Management
Organization: WM Investments-HR13350
Requisition Number: 1817085