BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Software Configuration Analyst
Software Configuration Management (SCM) is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of software components into non-production and production environments. The team is responsible for multiple functions, which includes:
- Coordinating the implementation of all release by producing and executing the implementation plan
- Scheduling changes with the requestor and presenting at GCAB for approval
- Coordinating the Mainframe and SQL components of a release
- Implementation of all Third Party and In-house developed code
- Represent SCM as a stakeholder in Projects where new products, updates to products require SCM effort
- Server Provisioning post OS build
- Maintenance of Software release tools including TFS as the Source Control tool and BMC Blade Logic Server Automation as the core deployment tool
- The team utilises multiple technologies, including MS .net, MS SQL, Java, Unisys EAD and IBM MQ.
The role will be to work within the SCM team as a technical resource performing software compilation, packaging and deployment of components. The candidate will be expected to maintain an understanding of a complex, service based architecture, spanning multiple technologies – including Microsoft, IBM Websphere MQ and, Java.
Troubleshooting deployment and service execution issues is a key aspect of the role – but Production Support is not part of the role. This troubleshooting means that the candidate must have an intermediate understanding of at least Windows Server technologies, with respect to IIS, Services and use of Event Logs. Exposure to Java hosting platforms, such as Linux a.
The aim of the team is to utilise automation tools for deployment where feasible, with the core tool being chosen as BMC Bladelogic. Ability to perform POC of new industry standard tools such as Puppet, Chef etc is advantageous
The team is split between a London, on-site component and an off-shore component in India. The role involves working with all aspects of the team as well as regular interaction with Development and Infrastructure teams.
The nature of the role means that work outside of core business hours is required on a regular basis.
Pershing is constantly engaged in the delivery of new products, so the SCM team role is split between the BAU activities of changing existing products and the project work of taking on new products.
- To have a good grounding of Microsoft server technologies
- Be involved in the packaging and deployment of enterprise class solutions
- Able to trouble shoot issues within code, configuration, operating system and hardware
- Ensures delivery by self and others of quality software within specified timescales
- To help support all products, day or night, and react to live problems with the highest priority
- Bi-Weekly shift rotation for facilitation of Production changes and weekend work for offline releases
- Can quickly switch to secondary tasks if unable to continue with primary task without supervision
- Is able to work directly with developers and engineers to resolve any issues
- Able to record progress and estimate completion timescales for tasks
- Strives to continually improve productivity and quality of software release tools and processes
- Is willing to help support all products, day or night, and put live problems as a number one priority
- Ensure appropriate hand over of work, documentation and product / process ownership takes place
- Participates in discussions to achieve the best solution
- Willing to work extra time to provide assistance in times of crises and to meet delivery deadlines
- Is self motivated and conscientious
- Continually seeks to expand technical and business knowledge
- Any other duties as required.
- Solid understanding of Windows servers, such as troubleshooting, services
- Exposure to Unix technologies would be beneficial
- Basic understanding and troubleshooting of middleware / hosting technologies such as WS MQ, IIS, Tomcat
- Able to learn new technologies
- Able to understand complex application architectures and interdependencies
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60099
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1817113