BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Manager, Third Party Governance
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Creation of the process:
Work with the consulting team that is helping establish Third Party Risk Assessment Methodology across the enterprise:
- Work with various First Line of Defense Risk domains and establish a regulatory compliant risk assessment framework
- Help establish risk rules, risk appetite, set of mitigating controls, risk indicators, and recommended ongoing monitoring measures for each domain
Creation of the system:
Act as a key point-of-contact for the Systems team that is building a new enterprise wide Third Party Governance tool:
- Work with the Systems team in developing the business requirements for all domains
- The new system business requirements should operationalize the risk assessment framework established in prior step
Operationalization of the system:
Once the Third Party Governance system is in place, help lead the effort to operationalizing the system
- Working with other stakeholders, help determine the operationalization sequence (sequence of groups that go to new system, timing, etc.)
- Lead the training, communication, and socialization aspects prior to the launch
- Help in identifying, tracking, and resolving issues during the launch
BAU Risk Assessments and Ongoing Monitoring
Once the new system is implemented, establish and run an oversight process on the risk domains you are responsible for
- Track and review the performance of each domain on a weekly basis for the domains
- Lead quarterly business reviews with each domain
- Identify, track, and resolve any issues or roadblocks
- Working with domain owners, help build a strong, talented, resilient risk assessment teams across the enterprise
- Responsible, along with domain owners, for the employee satisfaction scores of the risk assessment teams under each domain
- Proactively communicate the progress and issues with stakeholders
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders across the company
Ideal candidate will be an ambitious, energetic, go-getter, who welcomes challenges and is not afraid of hard work and views this role as a proving ground for bigger opportunities. Given the exposure to many "C" level executives, this role will provide for bigger opportunities for successful candidates.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
* 12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred.
* Proven track record of managing and promoting team members is preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in Third Party Governance, Procurement, Compliance, Legal, Audit, or Risk areas is preferred
* MBA from a top institute is preferred, but not required
* Management consulting experience is preferred, but not required
* Operational experience is preferred, but not required
* Project management experience is preferred, but not required
* Process optimization experience is preferred, but not required
* Technology experience is preferred, but not required
* Military experience is preferred, but not required
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85241
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1817152