BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Recovery Analyst
WE ARE BNY MELLON!
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of June 30, 2014, BNY Mellon had $28.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com or, follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon
BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
TSG Production Services is seeking a manager to coordinate Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery testing and preparedness for TSG Production Services within Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Partner with stakeholders including Business Continuity and Technology Service owners. Ensure that we can offer consistent “high availability” infrastructure services to BNY Mellon business units through rigorous management, strong working relationships and sound communications. The role will require you to work with the TSG teams and the Availability Manager, following IT Resiliency and Service continuity management processes to ensure that services can be recovered in a timely manner and acceptable availability levels are achieved and demonstrated. The candidate would be working on a wide variety of availability management practices and implementing continuous improvements as an ongoing activity within TSG Production Services.
Roles & Responsibilities
Ensure that Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) plans are complete, current, approved and maintained
Coordinate TSGs participation in periodic Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) tests
Build strong productive relationships with stakeholders and act as the responsible TSG Production Services BC & DR coordinator for infrastructure in Europe and the U.K.
Communicate with the Production Services management team on BC & DR planning and events to ensure their awareness and ongoing involvement.
Establish relationship with Enterprise Service Management Team and Senior Leaders
Define appropriate procedures and execute according to the process and policy requirements
Identify and conduct trainings for TSG Stakeholders and recovery teams to create awareness and preparedness for plans
Perform periodic reconciliation between the production and DR environment, work with application teams to eliminate inconsistencies
Facilitate effective crisis communication in collaboration with the business recovery teams, Availability Manager and TSG Senior leaders
Continually identify and raise continuity or recovery related risks, suggest strategies for remediation, and track to closure
Support any regulatory requirements involving Availability
Skills - Essential
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the confidence to interact with senior leaders
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Proactively identifies knowledge and process gaps and develops improvement
Resiliency and IT Service Continuity or relevant IT experience
Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Office, Visio, PowerPoint) for metric report development and tracking
Skills - Preferred
Proficiency in collaboration tools (e.g., Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
1. Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization’s global strategy
2. Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analyzing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values
3. Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
4. Building Organisational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
5. Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities
6. Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities
7. Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60181
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1817180