BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Business Technology Liaison- Yardi
Analyzes, defines and prioritizes business requirements and functional or operational specifications for moderate to large projects of increasing complexity. Provides consultation to all areas of IT and business management for the application of technology to support business opportunities and planning, implementation of cross-functional applications or systems. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes business requirements. Translates into functional design and use case documents. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions. Plans and formulates aspects of development proposals including the objective or purpose of projects, existing applications that can be utilized, and equipment and human resource requirements. Participates in and provides guidance on development of functional requirements and user documentation. Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation. Uses thorough knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams. Gathers and analyzes information to assist in the development of recommendations to address business objectives that span multiple business and technology areas. Works with business and technology teams to implement technology roadmap strategy. Trains users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems of moderate complexity. Serves as point of contact or subject matter expert for the business on specific systems. Provides technical consultation concerning business implications of application development projects. Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems and provides guidance to junior team members on case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution. Uses broad knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology. No direct reports, provides guidance to less experienced colleagues. Leads projects and allocates work accordingly. Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
QualificationsBachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Technical experience and understanding of real estate operations/related concepts and/or strong accounting background preferred. 3+ years practical experience utilizing YARDI as a real estate accounting system for an owner, property management company, fund administrator or other investment service provider is strongly preferred (including but not limited to; set up, reporting and property management functions). Strongly preferred business knowledge of real estate as an investment, investment operations for property and fund administration functions, fund accounting/review preferable, and a strong knowledge of controls and procedures.
Business Analysis and Support Services (BASS) is a global team that operates in North America, Ireland, Poland and Germany and supports the different platforms and product lines within the Alternative Investment Services division. The main disciplines within the team are system support, project management and business analysis for Real Estate, Single manager, Private Equity and Fund of Funds. The Analyst/support role involves supporting the Real Estate service delivery teams utilizing the Yardi platform to provide fund administration to real estate investment clients.
- Provide YARDI subject matter expertise and be the primary point of contact for "technical" advice and support to accounting and investor services users.
- Support Fund Accountants with the setup and design of Accounting Automation rules and with use of various Accounting and General Ledger Consolidation Methods such as Full Consolidation, Equity Method / Pickup, Minority Interest, NCI, etc.
- Support Fund Accountants with the setup, automation and tracking of various Cash and Income transactions that impact Investor Ledger, Capital Balances and related Cash Flows.
- Support Fund Accountants with the automation and reporting of Performance Returns including TWR, industry standard benchmarks such as NCREIF, IPD as well as ILPA / PERE reporting, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of Business Requirement Documents for systems enhancements and report enhancements/creation.
- Complete Quality Control testing for local user environment and be part of Quality Control global team.
- Participate in new client data conversions. Support the Client Servicing New business team. This will incorporate participation in project planning, assisting in the system set ups and user testing where applicable.
- Working with new and existing YARDI users to implement system developments and deliver training. Troubleshoot YARDI operational issues prior to referring to vendor for resolution.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70168
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1817279