BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
• Participates in the enhancement of IT governance and compliance programs. This includes technology implementation as well as project and program management.
• Exhibits a strong understanding of technologies like VDI, Cloud, MQ
• Work with Business Continuity management to ensure that the disaster recovery (crisis management) and business continuity plans drive disaster recovery (DR) strategy and procedures.
• Conduct Business Impact Analysis (BIA) survey process for new applications and perform annual review for all applications.
• Create/ maintain emergency operations plan. This includes guidelines for disaster identification and declaration, defining roles and responsibilities, command center setup, emergency communications, etc.
• Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies.
• Establish and maintain detailed disaster recovery communications and command and control plans through a change management process.
• Coordinate with the IT applications and technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, and maintained.
• Participate in all disaster recovery exercises as part of the operational life-cycle.
• Consult and support client facilities on local disaster recovery efforts.
• Represent disaster recovery cost requirements in the annual budgeting process.
• Regularly report Disaster Recovery activities to management.
• Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes.
• Evaluate current processes and procedures for inefficiencies and make improvement recommendations.
• Vendor selection, implementation, training, administration, and support of Emergency Communication and Disaster Recovery Management
· Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline
· 10-12 years of experience in managing projects or production services
· Must work well in a high pressure environment with multiple deliverables in progress
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry
· Solid communication and presentation skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85181
Organization: Global Business Resiliency-HR17252
Requisition Number: 1817305