BNY Mellon Careers
Vice President, Institutional Sales Business Development - Hong Kong/Macau
Bank of New York Mellon Investment Management, which is the umbrella name for all the investment management subsidiaries and affiliates within Bank of New York Mellon, currently has a presence in 5 countries in Asia Pacific, namely Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea and Australia. The company also targets and services clients and distribution channels in other Asia Pacific countries (e.g. China, Taiwan).
The position will work closely with the broader asset management sales, product, marketing and client servicing teams and will be a proactive self-starter capable of managing relationships from inception through to completion. With excellent industry knowledge and demonstrating high motivation and initiative, the successful applicant will operate in a highly demanding team environment alongside teams worldwide.
- Improve the awareness and presence of BNY Mellon Investment Management at HK/Macau market
- Work within the matrix environment of a global institution, having the flexibility to work effectively and collaboratively in a large and complex organization.
- Act as first point of contact for institutional clients, prospects, financial intermediaries, on BNY Mellon Investment management products or services
- Identify key clients, establish and maintain strong relationships and implement proper sales strategy
- Analyze the competitive landscape alongside product management to ensure intelligence data is correct and product development efforts are focused
- Ongoing update and maintenance of Client/Prospect database
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required
- Make a positive contribution to BNY Mellon IM’s culture, values and approach
Degree in business/marketing, finance, economics or related disciplines
Master degree related to business/marketing preferred
Experience/connections at HK/Macau investment management industry a plus
7+ years and above direct investment management experience is a plus; regular travel expected
Fluent in Mandarin/ Cantonese and English
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 70021
Organization: IM APAC-HR11404
Requisition Number: 1817333