BNY Mellon Careers
Implementation and Release Manager
- Manage the contents of EMEA TA IT System releases by working with internal IT, development partners, vendors and Client Service Delivery teams
- Oversee and support the Client Service Delivery team and their validation of changes and operational procedures (Model Office)
- Management of the production implementation / deployment of IT Systems
- Management of the warranty period post implementation
- Oversight and ongoing support for model office or final business validation required for go live
- Develop and manage the implementation plan for each system release ensuring the successful production implementation of the releases in line with the published Roadmap
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory demands and schedule of the sector the TA business operates in
- A skilled communicator with senior stake holders both local and geographically remote.
- Lead the definition and production of implementation plans of requests of change for managing changes to the live environment, and leads discussions with stakeholders around risk mitigation and dependency management.
- Defines Go-Live criteria for each production deployment.
- Track and lead the implementation of approved changes in accordance with RFC and approval documentation.
- Agree and produce a communication plan & compile a supporting contact list of responsible parties & escalation managers associated with the implementation.
- Respond to queries from stakeholders and provide information, and amend the implementation plan as appropriate.
- Use the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Facilitate successful Implementation Management Steering Committees and provide accurate minutes of meetings and other Management Information
- Ensure all releases are delivered to Live Production securely
- Ensure warranty exit criteria is met
- Customer Services techniques: Techniques for identifying, gathering and understanding client’s priorities and expectations when planning implantation into live. Customer focus: Understanding the needs of the internal and external customer and regularly checking with customer when taking actions or making decisions.
- Work ethic: Demonstrates a meticulous method of working and attention to detail. Has general awareness of all phases of systems development lifecycle.
- Communication: Is effective and persuasive in the presentation of local procedures, both orally and in writing.
- Information Acquisition: Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising a means of resolving them.
- Initiative: Being proactive, anticipating opportunities for service improvement and taking appropriate action.
- Interacting with people: Establishing relationships and maintain contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. Effective, approachable and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Experience in a similar role is required
Stakeholder management experience
Experience of Implementation and Release Management tools and techniques
Experience of change management tools and processes.
Experience in a relevant business or technical role is preferred
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- ITIL Certified
Skillset, Personal Qualities:
Maintain up to date knowledge of financial services and specific knowledge of procedures where applicable
Able to provide direction and leadership within area of expertise
Self-motivated and consistent in ensuring that goals are achieved
Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities efficiently, and check progress against targets, reporting as necessary, and take action to resolve any issues
Make effective decisions taking into consideration the circumstance, priorities, timing and constraints
Clear communication – target audience specific, fact focused and covering all intended topics
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good communication skills – both oral and written
Good planning and organisation
- Good influencing skills
Applications systems: New deployment or implementation management tools and new delivery approaches and applying these to the implementation management role
Configuration Management: The discipline which gives precise control over IT assets by allowing IT management to maintain information about the “configuration items”, including hardware devices, computer programmes, software licences, documentation, telecommunication services and computer centre facilities (virtualised and static) required to deliver an IT service. Also used for version control of project artefacts and deliverables.
Release Management: The management of the processes, systems and functions to package, build, test and deploy changes and updates which are bounded as “releases” into the “production” environment; concession management on acceptance of level of non-conforming release items.
Operations Management: Methods, techniques and tools for planning, organising, resourcing, directing, co-ordinating and monitoring ongoing implementation activities.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70168
Organization: Transfer Agency EMEA-HR07268
Requisition Number: 1817337