BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Developer - Enterprise Financial Messaging.
This global team is responsible for financial messaging technology products and platforms. Currently we are building a new platform using latest technologies and micro services architecture. The modular and composable architecture allows the opportunity to bring exciting new dimensions to the platform, with integrated productivity and decision support tooling supplied by many different teams.
The successful applicant will take ownership in defining the architecture strategy, toolset, and delivery of major components of this platform and the hundreds of applications leveraging this. This is powered by the BNY Mellon digital ecosystem (NEXEN), developed in a highly disciplined, agile model with a focus on partnership and co-development in a vibrant internal open source community
You will be able to positively impact the overall experience and productivity of the platform users, comprising of developers, business users and external customers.
Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications:Ideal candidate will be experienced, hands on developer and have demonstrable exposure to some or all of the following:
- Required Skills – Java, J2EE, Spring, REST API, Unix, RDBMS, Maven
- Experience in Angular JS would be preferred. Exposure to MQ Series, Kafka or any other JMS broker would be a plus
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Exposure to latest tech stack like Docker would be nice to have but isn’t mandatory
- Agile / Scrum - continuous integration / delivery with experience working with multiple teams and evolving technology
- A passion for quality in all aspects of the software they produce and supervise and a desire to teach and lead others
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry would be helpful
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1817385