BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Control
- Through subordinate managers, responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks, and ensures proper control policies and procedures are in place.
- Manages multiple teams that are responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Monitors results on key risks, errors/near misses, reconciliations and root cause analyses as reported by subordinate managers.
- Analyzes and determines appropriate level management intervention.
- Leads and contributes to policies for developing, documenting and analyzing existing control procedures.
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Ensures team objectives are aligned to functional objectives.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards. Projects are usually broader and focused on long-term operational issues.
- Contributes to strategic projects/initiatives for the function.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization.
- Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend and direct any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages a large or specialized team of Control professionals or multiple teams.
- Work is primarily accomplished through subordinate managers.
- May have matrixed management responsibility and oversee geographically dispersed teams, adding to the complexity of duties.
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives comprising of multiple teams, talent management and supervision of Control professionals and other managers.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years of total work experience with 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
- Life Assurance and Medical Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Health screening
- Recognition and service awards
- Private Pension scheme
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Well-being program
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70317
Organization: Total CSD Control-HR16430
Requisition Number: 1817417