BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Control
- Through subordinate managers, responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks, and ensures proper control policies and procedures are in place.
- Manages multiple teams that are responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Monitors results on key risks, errors/near misses, reconciliations and root cause analyses as reported by subordinate managers.
- Analyzes and determines appropriate level management intervention.
Leads and contributes to policies for developing, documenting and analyzing existing control procedures.
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Ensures team objectives are aligned to functional objectives.
Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Projects are usually broader and focused on long-term operational issues.
- Contributes to strategic projects/initiatives for the function.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization.
- Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend and direct any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages a large or specialized team of Control professionals or multiple teams. Work is primarily accomplished through subordinate managers.
- May have matrixed management responsibility and oversee geographically dispersed teams, adding to the complexity of duties.
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives comprising of multiple teams, talent management and supervision of Control professionals and other managers.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred 7-10 years of total work experience with 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 70317
Organization: CM - Miscellaneous-HR11604
Requisition Number: 1817539