BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Rep NS, Fund Accounting (Property Fund Accountant)
Fund/Client Accounting - S5 (Non-Supervisory)
The position is primarily responsible for reviewing property level accounting, financial reporting, and/or cash management of real estate funds. The routine responsibilities and specific responsibilities may include:
- Daily accounting/entry posting, cash and/or asset reconciliations, monthly property package reviews, acquisition/disposition entries and ad hoc reporting.
- Responsible for completing various internal/external inquiries and requests (e.g., inquiries or requests from clients, auditors, tax providers, etc.), processing invoices, completing compliance review and/or special projects.
- Tracks data and maintains accounting records for funds of higher complexity in accordance with department policies and procedures. Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes to improve team efficiency and best support the accounting team.
- Leads team in preparing system-generated reports. Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with accounting teams.
- Assists with maintaining relationships with client staff. Regularly works with client staff to exchange information with respect to cash, accounting, and reporting of daily and monthly client activities and initiatives. Communicates data needs and answers client questions.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
No direct reports; may have work allocation and team lead responsibilities. Supports the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior accounting experience required, preferably in real estate of property accounting
- Strong computer/application skills required, preferably with experience in Yardi or comparable software
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Internal Jobcode: 70710
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1817557