BNY Mellon Careers
Executive Manager, Digital Horizon Leader
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of over $50 billion. BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums. We are a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks in the US and globally through our markets franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
Chairman & CEO Charlie Scharf recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers.
The senior Digital team is based in New York and is shaping the priorities and operating model of both the digital organization and digital agenda across the enterprise globally. The selected candidate(s) will be a member of the enterprise-wide Digital Council, a group of digital leaders across businesses and regions, and develop digital strategy and execution roadmap across several horizons
- Establish a broad digital portfolio and way to accelerate delivery using agile ways of working and emerging technologies
- Re-imagine fundamental end-to-end client journeys (e.g. on-boarding, billing, reporting, service delivery) with the goal of making a wholly digital, client-centric experience
- Navigate an open digital ecosystem with an eye on understanding and delivering on unmet client (and employee) needs
- Conduct interventions on manual processes – digitizing across the entire enterprise
- Utilize Lean strategies in a digital setting
- Drive the deployment of digital services across businesses, regions and functions
- Mine data and create market-leading insights driving competitive advantage
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of total work experience with at least 5-7 years in management preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Ability to solve unique and complex problems that have broad business impact
- Experience framing and driving digital efforts in financial services
- Track record of working effectively with high performing team
- Cross-collaborator and builder who is sees things across multiple horizons and how they interact with one another to achieve desired results
- Builder of relationship who is able to adapt to new and changing situations
- Experience leading via influence to enable the organization to stop activities that aren’t yielding high results or don’t align with digital vision
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 09603
Requisition Number: 1817604