BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst, Business Technology Liaison
The BNYM Asset Servicing Institutional Accounting department is responsible for the correct and timely reporting and delivery of the monthly accounting statements and regulatory reports for and to our institutional clients. Under direction of the Unit Manager, the Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for the research, execution and implementation of accounting related projects including those around enhancing regulatory / DNB Reporting. These focus on the increase of efficiency, expansion of services and integration of services within BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Additionally, preparation of Management Information and maintenance of bespoke Accounting reporting falls under this role.
Related to Regulatory/DNB reporting
- Actively follow market developments regarding Regulatory / DNB Reporting and manage and support implementation of changes (off system or through Workbench developments)
- Specify and document requirements for new regulatory / DNB developments in co-operation with Product Management
- Develop/produce new regulatory / DNB reports in liaison with Product management and Business Change Group (BCG)
- First contact for BCG regarding new automation of regulatory reporting & functional testing
- SME role for automation of regulatory reporting including testing
- Oversight/Support and implementation of Quality control DNB reporting
- Set up and update standard procedures for new DNB reporting processes
- Support of training on new DNB reporting processes
- Support to clients specific developments and produce client specific regulatory reporting
- First point of contact within accounting for Workbench developments on regulatory reporting
- First/direct contact for/with DNB with regards to DNB reporting developments in liaison with Product Management
- (Contingency) Support for Annual reporting (quality and efficiency improvements)
- Manage and document automation processes (UDT’s, VBA macro’s)
- First point of contact for Workbench developments on client bespoke reporting
- First point of contact within accounting for Workbench developments on FSM reports including functional testing
- Maintain/develop client specific classification schemes
- Signal and propose improvements on efficiency matters and control matters
- Follow market developments regarding Financial reporting developments (Solvency II, IFRS, Various GAAPs)
- Be up to date on new investment products/instruments (in liaison with Product Management)
- Analyze current products and processes
- This position is related to the Finance job family. They are similar in nature as they both require a high level of global acumen. It is essential to keep abreast of changes in accounting regulations and methodologies such as IFRS and Solvency II.
- The valuation and regulatory reports which are provided on a monthly basis to our professional clients (Insurance Companies, Investment Managers, Central Banks and Pension Funds) and their regulators (Dutch Central Bank) have to be 100% correct. Any mistake in the valuation could have substantial impact to the client as reports are used to make investment decisions and are being submitted to the Dutch Central Bank on our clients’ behalf. A part from the economic impact for the client, this has a risk of impacting the reputation of BNY Mellon.
- The service provided to the investment companies originally belongs to the client, but has been outsourced to BNY Mellon who acts as an independent party on behalf of the client to perform the monthly accounting and reporting activities for their investment portfolios.
Job Specific Competencies:
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the associate should show an aptitude for:
- Personal Organisation
- Work Quality/Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Initiative/Sense of Urgency
- Client Focus
- Developing effective relationships
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level):
- Ability to manage and implement small and mid-size IT and Non-IT related projects
- Accounting skills: knowledge and experience in the Portfolio Accounting, strong bookkeeping background is essential.
- Analytical skills: read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- In depth knowledge of complex investment instruments and their accounting treatment.
- In depth knowledge of regulations and accounting methodologies.
- Excellent numerical skills, analysis & checking of figure work.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel (VBA) spreadsheets including utilising advanced functions
- Experience in institutional accounting processes, particularly a knowledge of IAS on a daily or monthly valuation basis.
- Excellent organizational skills: is extremely organized and is able to prioritize and meet stringent deadlines. Ability to stay focussed on the end-goal, report on mile-stones and is capable of working under a certain amount of (time-) pressure.
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills (speaking and writing).
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
- HBO degree, business administration
- Knowledge of Investment Accounting and regulatory reporting
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Netherlands-Breda-Breda
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70170
Organization: Glb Inst Acctg Risk Solutions-HR14005
Requisition Number: 1817646