BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Control
- Manages a small to medium-sized projects responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks ensuring the correct control policies and procedures are in place.
- Works in a team delivering a centralised service / support offering who are responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards. Projects are usually broader, multi-phased and/or multi-stakeholders being driven to ensure delivery on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues that arise from audit findings.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies.
- Provides training / methodology on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Proactively manages a small to medium-sized project, and where required will provide guidance on business and technical subject matter to associates along with the development of testing programs to ensure controls are adequate and effectively implemented.
- Will when required analyse key risks, errors/near misses and performance where appropriate of root cause analyses.
- Management of documentation of existing control procedures.
- Analyse documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Operationalise processes and procedures enacted by senior leaders and assists in their development.
- Manages projects via creation and maintenance of project plans, work breakdown structures, schedule effort estimation and tracking. Conducts status meetings and facilitates issues resolution and risk mitigation.
- Drive forward improvements to any deficiencies found and ensure that controls meet regulatory and organisation standards.
- Remains aware of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization. Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Recommends enhancements to project management tools/techniques and company methodologies.
- Participates in the recruiting process; instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other risk analysts; prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback as needed.
- Manages a small to medium-sized project working with a team of SMEs driving continuous improvements.
- Responsible for the achievement of team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of Control professionals.
As a subject matter expert, helps ensure that global control teams create a sound control environment and the control standards, risk management systems, and training for staff meet the needs of the business along with those of clients. Leads the most complex projects/analyses and may assign work to other team members. Often specializes in a particular control discipline such as Business Recovery Planning, System / User Access Reviews, Quality Control, or Knowledge Source. Leads the control and risk management testing and reporting including Error / Near Miss analyses. Coordinates with global teams to ensure proper control and risk management systems are in place throughout the business. Ensures that location specific regulatory standards are incorporated into control measures. Operating with a high degree of independence, implements programs that improve internal controls to keep up with regulations and corporate standards. Works directly with assigned business unit to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk. May recommend changes to improve risk and control profile. Designs and delivers risk management training programs to ensure that proper control procedures are understood and followed. Reviews documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control and business recovery procedures. Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates processes to improve defenses Anticipates and investigates technology and market trends areas that may become future risks to the business and creates controls to mitigate them before they appear. Assists management in the delegation of work Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines. Responsibilities are usually specialized and often have broader impact beyond the business/segment/region they are assigned to advise. Provides input into the development of controls and protocols for the function.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required. Project Management experience preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70320
Organization: CM - CSD Embedded Control-HR16430
Requisition Number: 1817649