BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Market Risk (Investment Risk Analyst)
About Us: The Boston Company, Standish and Mellon Capital
A specialist multi-asset investment management firm dedicated to serving sophisticated investors globally, providing clients with high-quality single and multi-asset investment solutions using both active and passive strategies. Coming together in 2018 through the combination of Mellon Capital, Standish, and The Boston Company, the combined asset manager has the scale and investment capabilities to offer institutional and intermediary clients a broad range of specialist investment solutions. The Boston Company, Standish and Mellon Capital are product brands of BNY Mellon Asset Management North America.
The Opportunity: The Senior Investment Risk Analyst is part of the multi-asset investment management firm’s Investment Risk Management Team, whose mission is to provide effective independent oversight of investment risks in client portfolios; identify, measure and track emerging risks; and provide business intelligence tools and analysis to portfolio managers, chief investment officers and senior management.
The Investment Risk Analyst’s core responsibility will be to leverage risk modeling and reporting applications to continually measure the changing investment risk factors in fixed income and/or multi-asset portfolios, assess their significance, effectively communicate concerns with various stakeholders, work towards resolution with the investment teams and escalate when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 7-10 years of experience in market risk preferred
- Experience in financial services is strongly preferred
- Background in math, statistics, finance, economics, risk management, operations research or a similar field is preferred
- Discipline Requirements: Market Risk - Ability to analyze and report on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, interest rate risk, and relevant regulation (e.g., Volcker, CCAR, DFAST, SLR, IRRBB).
- Demonstration of related work achievement, including experience in the fixed income and/or multi-asset markets and with related risk management systems
- Deep understanding of portfolio construction and investments, including derivatives
- Evidence of commitment to continuing education, with specific achievement in related areas of study
- Superior technical skills, including working knowledge of database systems (e.g. SQL) and statistical analysis software (Matlab, R, Python, SAS)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 85209
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1817705