BNY Mellon Careers
Infrastrct Operations Analyst
Automation Engineer – Wellesley, MA
Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills and put client focus and experience at the front of everything they do. You will help drive strategy, design, build, support, and most importantly automate the compute infrastructure within a hybrid cloud environment. Improving resiliency while collaborating with stakeholders, mentoring others and planning for the future are key aspects of this role. You will ensure adherence to processes/procedures/standards, and participate in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with remote teams.
- Strong interest and abilities associated with the automation of processes.
- Proactive, independent problem-solver who likes to be challenged, continuously learning and improving.
- Ability to program in multiple languages (Java, Python, Perl, etc).
- Solid understanding of computer science, systems administration (Windows, Linux, Virtualization).
- Experience with system design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with multiple Operating Systems; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device drivers, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions).
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Proven ability to write scripts in one or more languages (Shell, Perl, Python, VBScript, Ruby DSL).
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB).
Desirable Background and Skills
- A degree or certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- ITILv3 Certification.
- Significant programming experience in any applicable language and understanding of REST API’s.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck, Chef).
- Network switch or router administration (CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate).
- Knowledge or experience with Disaster Recovery concepts.
- Knowledge or experience with enterprise service and host monitoring.
- Experience with enterprise backup hardware and software in a D2D environment and with performing backups, restores and tuning.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Dell server hardware, EMC Data Domain/Isilon/XtremIO, VMware ESX/ESXi versions 4-6, Nagios XI, Pure All-flash Arrays.
- Maintain proficiency with Eagle infrastructure and applications including automation and orchestration.
- Drive enhancements throughout full life-cycle from concept to final implementation.
- Participate in the creation and enhancement of standards and development practices.
- Participate and provide insight in the development of future enterprise solutions.
- Design, build, deploy and support platforms and tools across the Eagle Cloud Platform
- Participate in 24x7x365 OnCall rotation and assist in resolving issues, outside normal business hours.Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Resolves reports of various infrastructure problems dealing with the mainframe, mid-range, distributed, web, and PC environments. Works with users and management to install infrastructure software to establish and maintain the integrity of the software products life cycle. Assists with implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Performs environment health checks as per the procedures and request provisioning. Assists in coordinating changes to software configurations. Designs, codes, and implements infrastructure software. Assists management and users with basic hardware and software needs when recommendations are made for upgrades or new purchases. Assists more senior members of the middleware team with the installation, configuration and development of middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Aids the middleware team in providing on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. 0-1 years of experience required, related internship experience is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. 0-1 years of experience required, related internship experience is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45054
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1817708