BNY Mellon Careers
Snr. Systems Engineer/Prgmmer
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Enterprise Messaging Engineer working in Technology Services Group. BNY Mellon is looking to implement a first class messaging service which will include user enabled self service automation as well as comprehensive metrics and analytics for a more efficient and proactive “Run the plant” function. Additionally we desire to build out a messaging eco system that will uplift the capabilities within our data centres both lowering the total cost of ownership as well as increasing the capability. Implementation of a “cloud ready” messaging platform that can coexist harmoniously both intra and extra BNY Mellon datacentre and provide integration points with existing BNY Mellon messaging solutions.
• Administration and support of enterprise wide MQ messaging infrastructure on both distributed & Mainframe platforms.
• Work with application development teams providing support of middleware components.
• Define and maintain middleware standards and governance including MQ and API administration and utilization.
• Utilize industry standard technologies & methods to insure the integrity & recoverability of MQ based applications incl. but not limited to: backup & recovery, clustering, security, patch management, enterprise monitoring & performance tuning.
• Perform strategic analysis and design of MQ infrastructure and makes recommendations on improvements and/or new systems required to meet business needs and future capacity.
• Prepare and maintain professional documentation required to run and maintain the environment.
• Automation of processes and development of tools to support the engineering and operation functions.
• Participate in regular on call rotation, providing 24x7 support meeting business SLA’s
• Subject Matter Expert for Enterprise messaging products.
• Contributor to the enterprise messaging strategy.
• Partner with the business, production services and application development teams to implement messaging solutions.
• Administering and supporting IBM MQSeries on distributed and/or Mainframe platforms.
• JMS Based messaging Implementations.
• Operations and /or Engineering of large scale Banking Messaging eco-systems.
• Java (or similar language)
• Python (or similar)
• Software provisioning and/or configuration management tools (experience with Ansible particularly desirable)
• Performance testing and tuning.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60086
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1817731